Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bumpy performance on LoZ: Wind Waker, need help optimizing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Romaz

I'm posting this thread in hopes that somebody can get me to run Wind Waker on the best (if not full) speed possible, either by changing the graphic settings or fiddling around with the hardware itself.

I'm posting my specs in screenshots, so I don't miss any info.

Here you go

PC Specs
Spoiler:
Dolphin Configuration
Spoiler:
In-game Screenshot
Spoiler:
Thanks in advance!
Your CPU is weak, try older builds, they're prone to be faster... Try r6515...
Even though Zelda WW is a light weight game , your CPU is just slow for most games
You can download the preconfigured Dolphin in this thread
Old Dolphin builds run faster (depending on the game) but old dolphin builds are less accurate . Keep in mind that we don't support old Dolphin builds
Latest Dolphin is out of the question for your specs

Romaz

Welp... I tried the benchmark build and with or without alterations I got pretty much the same results

Then I tried the r6515 build, I got a performance boost of about 10% with d3d11 with some alterations but now...

[Image: B1n9i9N.png]

the locals are throwing their textures at me...

So where should I go from here, should I try to overclock the CPU or fix the build that I tried?
Check your temperatures. Make sure your cpu and gpu aren't throttling. Speaking of that, which gpu do you have?

Romaz

(08-04-2013, 06:30 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Check your temperatures. Make sure your cpu and gpu aren't throttling. Speaking of that, which gpu do you have?
It's up there in the specs: ATI Mobility Radeon 4500/5100 HD Series

Also, I saw earlier on of your threads about ThrottleStop and I gave it a spin, here's a screenshot of it with WW running, might be more helpful

[Image: s1oXBn1.png]

Also i'm transferring the rom to a pen, if that impacts anything...
Romaz Wrote:ATI Mobility Radeon 4500/5100 HD Series

That's almost as vague as saying "ATI". Which one?

Romaz Wrote:Also, I saw earlier on of your threads about ThrottleStop and I gave it a spin, here's a screenshot of it with WW running, might be more helpful

Your screenshot shows the title screen running at fullspeed. Take a screenshot in a spot where you're having slowdowns.

Romaz Wrote:Also i'm transferring the rom to a pen, if that impacts anything...

By "pen" I assume you mean a usb flash drive. And no it shouldn't.
Try using r6515 with DX9 backend for the best results...