Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WiiMote + Netplay Possible yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

NSage

Just wondering if this is possible yet or whether it ever will be, are the devs working on it, if not why? as i cant imagine it being that complicated

Edit - Also what about the other wii controller the standard pad by itself
Quote:as i cant imagine it being that complicated
Feel free to submit a patch, i'd be happy to commit it for you.

NSage

(08-01-2013, 04:33 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:as i cant imagine it being that complicated
Feel free to submit a patch, i'd be happy to commit it for you.
so it is complicated? still, i find it hard to accept that an emulator that has been out for so many years still hasnt achieved such a thing even with the standard classic controller not the chuck and wiimote, i mean have the devs really sat down and tried to crack it or have they been bothered about other aspects of the emulator and not really tried to improve the netplay cus thats what it feels like
(08-01-2013, 04:51 AM)NSage Wrote: [ -> ]have they been bothered about other aspects of the emulator and not really tried to improve the netplay cus thats what it feels like

Really? So you aren't getting any enjoyment out of Dolphin? Weird. Well I am sure the devs will offer you a full refund.

You could always grab the source and work out all the netplay issues yourself so it works flawlessly right? If you are that bummed out about netplay not being as good as you feel it should be, then you should at least try before making statements like this silly.

NSage

(08-01-2013, 04:57 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2013, 04:51 AM)NSage Wrote: [ -> ]have they been bothered about other aspects of the emulator and not really tried to improve the netplay cus thats what it feels like

Really? So you aren't getting any enjoyment out of Dolphin? Weird. Well I am sure the devs will offer you a full refund.

You could always grab the source and work out all the netplay issues yourself so it works flawlessly right? If you are that bummed out about netplay not being as good as you feel it should be, then you should at least try before making statements like this silly.
Because the devs should be able to do it quicker than myself especially considering i know nothing about this kind of thing, if i knew, id be trying, as long as they are trying thats cool, the question is are they trying though
So you aren't going to try (because it would take "too long")...but you can get upset because you think others aren't trying.

Sounds a little sketchy to me.
Yes they are trying, it should be done soon afaik
(08-01-2013, 04:51 AM)NSage Wrote: [ -> ]so it is complicated? still, i find it hard to accept that an emulator that has been out for so many years still hasnt achieved such a thing even with the standard classic controller not the chuck and wiimote, i mean have the devs really sat down and tried to crack it or have they been bothered about other aspects of the emulator and not really tried to improve the netplay cus thats what it feels like
Um, yeah, the only way to do add support for the classic controller would automatically add support for the wiimote and every extension, including ones not released yet. There's no shortcuts like that to be taken.
If you can't do it, shut up and don't criticize, if you don't like the emulator no one is asking you to use it.
"or have they been bothered about other aspects of the emulator and not really tried to improve the netplay cus thats what it feels like"

That one.
Pages: 1 2