Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could not write to/read from Wii system memory. (Mariokart Wii;New Super Mario)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I've recently bought a new computer (I hope you can see it in my profile).
I have the following error 'Could not write to/read from Wii system memory' I hope in all Nintendo games. This only occures with my new computer and only with 3.5-547 (Merge branch 'windows-unicode') and newer builds, I dont have this problem with 3.5-518 (Windows: Open wiimotes with the FILE_SHARE_WRITE flag like before.) and older builds. Though the emu works at 80-100%, I would like to try new features and so on.. With my previous computer (E8400 and Win8 x64 too) I could use the latest DEV releases.
I've searched on google and found that someone recommend to check if the Title folder is write protected, but it wasn't so that wasn't the case. I've reinstalled my Win8 OS for this emu, but that didnt helped. Any suggestions, please?
Where is Dolphin located? If it is placed in Program Files, that may be why this is appearing.

Also, if you moved Dolphin from an older windows install, you may have some left over ownership from the old OS locking it down to the old account. Download Dolphin again and try it fresh. If it is able to save, you'll know if ownership rules are getting in the way. In that case, right click on the user folder in the old Dolphin > go to the security tab > click Advanced > Owner tab > Edit. Select your current windows user profile, check "Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects", then hit OK. Now copy the user folder to the new installation of Dolphin, and see if your old saves work in the new build.
Hello

Thanks for your answer. My dolphin is located on my Deskop but I tried it on my another drive (and even tried moving my games to another hdd) but that didn't worked. I've tried fresh copies on my new Win. Anyway if I copy my title folder from the latest working build to the first bad build, it will play the game, but if it want to autosave, it will crash with the same error. Sad
Okay I tried that I not extract the archive but run Dolphin.exe directly from it. It runs without error message. If I place Dolphin in my Local/Temp folder, it will still display an error message. This is very frustrating. :S
Problem Solved!
I had my Windows Profile named 'Lóránt' which has accents, I created one without them (Lorant) and now it works! Wuhuu!