Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Battle Revolution running 30 FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaronhouston1

Hey

I am new to dolphin so im not too sure what im doing wrong.

Super Mario Bros. 3+ runs perfect, but Pokemon Battle Revolution Runs at 30fps or under sometimes.
Sometimes when i load up the rom it will go at 60fps for a second or so, and then it will drop.

My pc specs are:

Video Card: ATI Radeon 7770 HD Series 2gb
Processor: AMD Quad-Core Bulldozer 3.6ghz
RAM: 8gb

Ive tried changing all sorts of settings but the game stays the same speed and will not speed up, yet my other wii rom runs fine..perfect infact.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Heart
It's a demanding game , even more than Super Mario Galaxy level
Your CPU isn't up to par , that's it

TailsSena

Well, best place as any to ask this if I can find the proper words to ask it... Now let's see...

So, I've read several threads here, so I know I'll never get this game running at 100%, but...it's odd. I'm currently using the 4.0 build from the official site. Back when I was on 3.5, things worked better. Allow me to explain...
On 3.5, the audio wasn't synced to the game, which is actually better than what I've got here in 4.0. What I'd like to do is to somehow disable audio syncing so I can get the fluid, non-irritating audio I had in 3.5. As of now, it's reaaaally choppy, since I'm running the game at...between 60 and 80% full speed during battles. (I can get to nearly 100% on menus, if that means anything. I know they're nowhere near as intensive. Anna's model isn't terribly complex. I'd guess she's made of about... 2000 tris at most. Looks like more because of the game's amazing shaders.)

Anyway, I can tell you that it's my CPU that's bottlenecking the game, since GPU-Z tells me that my GPU is running at 40% max during battles. As low as 15% elsewhere in the game. (1~2% for normal desktop operations. It's clocked at 650MHz.)

As for configurations... Screenshots a-go-go.
http://imgur.com/BGy1Blh,4Eq7XqT,W3jOgsZ...wQ,cCmlX2u
^ That's an album. The blue/green numbers along the top take you to the other images.
Forgot to take a screenshot of the Game Properties, but the only thing I missed from there is that I'm using the V-Beam Trick and Dual Core Mode. Works pretty well.

Also, I've been using Dolphin for quite a while, so I've got some idea as to what things do and what I'm doing. Don't be afraid to give me tech-y answers, if I don't understand them, I can always look them up.

So yeah... Peace. And thanks in advance.
~Chris
You can't, the way audio works now has changed and isn't going back