Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Manually Clearing Code Cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, people, I have made an account on this forums finally. I thought it'd be good to use an account after 5 years of using Dolphin Emulator. I have a question, could anyone please share with me their own version or edit of the emulator that lets you clear the code caché yourself. The thing is that, while I'm playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3, when the code caché clears, I get a FPS boost of 15 frames. It's really a difference, and I'd like a version that lets me clear the caché myself so I don't get any speed problems. Thanks. Smile
That would completely break CPU emulation. It's never going to happen.
(07-28-2013, 05:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]That would completely break CPU emulation. It's never going to happen.
Soo... there's no fix for my problem? Undecided
(07-28-2013, 05:48 AM)Julian Wrote: [ -> ]Soo... there's no fix for my problem? Undecided

Get a better CPU
(07-28-2013, 05:33 AM)Julian Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, people, I have made an account on this forums finally. I thought it'd be good to use an account after 5 years of using Dolphin Emulator. I have a question, could anyone please share with me their own version or edit of the emulator that lets you clear the code caché yourself. The thing is that, while I'm playing Budokai Tenkaichi 3, when the code caché clears, I get a FPS boost of 15 frames. It's really a difference, and I'd like a version that lets me clear the caché myself so I don't get any speed problems. Thanks. Smile
So, the game runs more faster after "Clearing code cache" message pops up?

There is a know issue that slow the emulation after "Clearing code cache" Issue 5666

At moment the devs need someone to fix it.

Quote:Sonicadvance1 said ->

Overall, it will be easy to fix, we just need someone to do it.
Anyone willing to post patches, it'll be welcomed.
(07-28-2013, 06:47 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]There is a know issue that slow the emulation after "Clearing code cache" Issue 5666
What? That has nothing to do with the code cache.
(07-28-2013, 08:11 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2013, 06:47 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]There is a know issue that slow the emulation after "Clearing code cache" Issue 5666
What? That has nothing to do with the code cache.
I just know that Resident Evil 0 & Resident Evil 4 get slowdown after "Clearing code cache" message pops up , Issue 5946

Sonicadvance1 said that the Issue 5666 is duplicate of Issue 5946

Quote:Sonicadvance1 said ->

You are correct in thinking that it is the same issue. Both are caused by how our performance counters are implemented. Implementing them correctly would result in a overall slowdown for the entire program unless a option is provided.
For now, I can only tell you to save in-game often and restart Dolphin to get a fresh instruction cache so it doesn't ever clear it.
In the future, this issue may be resolved.
No, I said that my PC boosts when the code caché clears.
(07-29-2013, 07:41 AM)Julian Wrote: [ -> ]No, I said that my PC boosts when the code caché clears.
You are seeing two different things happen at the same time (speed up, and code cache clearing). One is not caused by the other.
Anyone use the version 3.5-1682 DX9 to play this game after a few minutes the game crash and no reaction?