Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really slow game, no fps drops?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this morning I wanted to play Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World and everything was fine until the title screen, the sound is very choppy and when I get into the game it slows down like I'm playing at 15 fps or something, all this while mantaining a constant 30 fps lock ( I set the limiter to 30 because then it jumps all the way up to like 120), what could be causing this? It certainly isn't my hardware because I ran this game no problem before, I'm using revision 3.5-1655 x64. Either way I'll leave my specs here too:

Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz
Nvidia gtx 550 Ti
Try Vbeam trick : Tick "Vbeam Speed Hack" and untick "Idle Skipping" (Right-click the game - Properties)
This trick is used to solve choppy audio when game does not run at full speed all the times
If not , try LLE audio and same trick
(07-28-2013, 01:09 AM)linker357 Wrote: [ -> ]So this morning I wanted to play Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World and everything was fine until the title screen, the sound is very choppy and when I get into the game it slows down like I'm playing at 15 fps or something, all this while mantaining a constant 30 fps lock ( I set the limiter to 30 because then it jumps all the way up to like 120), what could be causing this? It certainly isn't my hardware because I ran this game no problem before, I'm using revision 3.5-1655 x64. Either way I'll leave my specs here too:

Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz
Nvidia gtx 550 Ti
pretty sure your problem is your running stock clocks. and i heard this is one of more intense games.

i would overclock it to 4-4.2ghz (mild overclock and shouldnt need any or a little voltage increase).
(07-28-2013, 01:34 AM)Venomx1 Wrote: [ -> ]pretty sure your problem is your running stock clocks. and i heard this is one of more intense games.

i would overclock it to 4-4.2ghz (mild overclock and shouldnt need any or a little voltage increase).
I don't think my cpu is the problem, as I said I have been able to run this game perfectly fine at full speed before. It only happens with this game apparently as I started up Monster Hunter Tri and it's running full speed no problem. My issue is not low fps, because my fps is shown to be at 30 (the maximum) at absolutely all times, my problem is that the game itself acts like it was playing at like 15 fps
ToS: DotNW ran fine on my OLD CPU. That one was dual core 2.4ghz. It's something in your settings.
Perhaps you should post your settings (as screenshots preferably), so we can take a look. Does the game speed (%) read about 100% when you're playing?
http://imgur.com/a/gaM7O#0 here are my settings and no, the game speed reads 50% while playing although the fps is capped at the max (30). My Dolphin is in spanish so excuse me
(07-28-2013, 01:09 AM)linker357 Wrote: [ -> ]I set the limiter to 30 because then it jumps all the way up to like 120

Don't limit your fps to 30. Limit it to 60
Ok i set it to 60 and now this appears mid play http://imgur.com/4HNqVbT
EDIT: I set the framerate limit to automatic and it ran smoothly for a while until this error appeared again. It's happening in all games now, maybe I should try re installing Dolphin?