Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lagtacs II; the largest Melee online tournament featuring Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks to the dolphin emulator, today and tomorrow Global Melee will be streaming the largest ever Online Melee Tournament.

We're going to have some veterans and rising stars within the smash community play live as well as many up-and-comers who will be experiencing a tournament for the first time. Feel free to drop in and watch, or maybe even join our group and play along with us in casuals and future tournaments!

Lagtacs II, our current event, features 40+ players and will be streaming for the duration of the tournament. We will have live commentary as well brackets updated here.

The stream will start THIS afternoon. Pools officially open at 5PM Eastern Standard time, but matches and warmups could be held even earlier, and will likely go for several hours until pools are deemed complete. Midnight EST is the unofficial cut-off for pools, so even if you're late, you may catch pools finals. Tomorrow at 5PM EST, the ten survivors will face off in a final battle for supremacy.
I'll be getting ready for work (and then going to work and then actually doing work) when this all goes down. I know you guys have live streaming, but is there any way to get videos of the matches (YouTube?) when it's all said and done? I'd really like to not miss this completely.
We have a master record of everything, but editting/setting up is somewhat difficult. People show up late/don't show up at all, and it's over 4 hours of raw footage before I just collapsed and stopped. The last few matches are running on another streamer, which doesn't have backup. Tomorrow's finals will all be recorded though.
Awesome, I look forward to watching them sometime. Let me know where to find this stuff when it's up Big Grin