Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SOUND ISSUES AGAIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BLACKSAMA

I came back to try the newest builds and found that the sound cracking issue is gone after 1591 epic!!!. Great work!! Finally 100% Emulation on my games!!!

Then tried the very last revision 1662, and wow the sound cracking is still gone, but now HLE is behaving like LLE which means that every MINIMAL drop on the FPS comes with a nasty hiccup Big Grin , when did this bug happened? this is definitely not present in 1591 which I'm keeping until the issue is fixed. (These drops in FPS are usually related to me abusing the visuals on Dolphin Tongue ).

My Machine:
3770k @ 4.6GHZ (Sorry to the people that recommend me Haswell, got a great deal on the 3770k and I was not impressed with Haswell Temps anyway).
Nvidia GTX 770

Asus p8z77 Sound (Realtek HD 8 Channels)
16 GB RAM @ 2400

Games that I Own (Also have wii sport but no point in using it on Dolphin Blush )
Arc Rise
Rune Frontier

Recently Acquired:
Last Story (Currently Playing on real WII, also trying it on Dolphin)

Super Mario Galaxy

Thanks all!
Quote:I came back to try the newest builds and found that the sound cracking issue is gone after 1591 epic!!!

Which sound crackling issue? You mean the 92minute issue? That was the one fixed by that revision.

Quote:Then tried the very last revision 1662, and wow the sound cracking is still gone, but now HLE is behaving like LLE which means that every MINIMAL drop on the FPS comes with a nasty hiccup

It's not a bug. The Gamecube and Wii synced audio, and the old version of HLE's asynced audio caused tons of problems in hundreds of games and most of it was because of async audio. See https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wh...processing

Synchronized HLE audio been in place since 3.5-1154, so I don't know what you are on about regarding the difference between 3.5-1591 and 3.5-1662. There isn't any with that. Do note that this only applies to AX ucode games (the vast majority of games) and not Zelda ucode games (Zeldas, marios, pikmins, mario karts, few others). The Zelda ucode HLE is still async and hasn't been improved. If you playing a zelda ucode game (say mario galaxy) last time and then after going to the new revision you switched to an AX ucode game (The Last Story), that would explain it.