Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't create ANY saves whatsoever.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

qwertytheasdf

No matter what game I play (SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, all the way to GC games such as Luigi's Mansion) Dolphin won't create a save file. Either I get stuck at the screen that says Creating Save File, or the game freezes completely (tried both the NTSC version of SSBB and the PAL version of SSBB). Also when I open up Memcard Manager, everything is grayed out except Convert to .gci. Looked all over for the problem and solution, but I just can't find it. I didn't mess with any of the settings, because I saw that Dolphin will run SSBB fine out of the box, but apparently that didn't happen.

Computer specs can be found under my profile.
Just a few preliminary things:
1) Ensure you are running Dolphin as Admin
2) Have you tried placing the dolphin folder in a place where you have full rights, like your desktop?

qwertytheasdf

(07-24-2013, 12:16 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Just a few preliminary things:
1) Ensure you are running Dolphin as Admin
2) Have you tried placing the dolphin folder in a place where you have full rights, like your desktop?
Tried running as Admin, it didn't help. Moved both the game and dolphin onto desktop, same thing. I checked disk quotas just to see, but they are disabled. Then I saw some topics about NET Framework 3.5, but then I found out that NET 4.0 was part of Windows 8 when I tried to download it, so, idk at this point.

Full specs:
Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper212 Plus Heatsink
Asus P8Z77V-LX Motherboard
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
Maxtor 320GB HDD (old)
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB 8-8-8-24 2T
XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB stock clocks
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card
If Dolphin does not create any save, maybe you have it compressed in the original .RAR file; I say this because the emulator creates automatically the memory card files in their respective folders (when uncompressed).