Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Few Wii Menu questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay,so hey everyone! I'm RiokuTheSlayer,as you can see.I...have a few Wii Menu questions....mainly,how do I make an ISO available on the Wii Menu? Even just having it there,if it won't launch...

Secondly,is there a way to use Riivolution with Dolphin?

Sorry if there is,right in front of me. XD I kinda looked around.
You can boot Wii Menu and then go to File => Change disc to load your ISO, but right now Wii games doesn't seem to be able to save if you boot the game from Wii Menu (or even doesn't load), and for any GC ISO you'll get "unknow disc" message. About Riivolution I'm not 100% sure, but I think not...
Oh,thanks!
Booting from the wii menu used to work, but it was broken when an accuracy improvement (I forget what it was) was made to the emulator. They weren't able to make those two changes play nice, so the devs had to choose between wii menu booting or the accuracy improvement. They went with the accuracy improvement. It will probably be fixed later.
Does that apply to PAL? Because last I checked you could boot games from the menu if it and the game were PAL
You can boot, but almost every game I tried keep complaining about not finding the save file (even if you have a save file), and trying to create a new file triggered "Wii system memory is full" errors. What I've noted is that when you boot a Wii game through Wii menu, it tries to load/create save data form inside the Wii Menu Folder (User\Wii\Title\00000000\00000001), and because of that, it fails...