Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Online Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, Im wondering if Dolphin supports online for Wii games, like Super mario bros, Monster hunter tri, smash bros brawl, soulcalibur legends, etc.

If it doesnt will there ever be an option?
It does. It's still very much in the experimental stages though.
What are the are problems then to make it functional? I really want to know how I can play mario bros wii and monster hunter tri with friends...
Right now you should stick with netplay. In the current stage, Nintendo WFC with Dolphin requires dumping some certificate files from a real Wii and works only with a very limited number of games...
And how exactly do i make wii games work with netplay? every time i try to play a wii game it doesnt let me click anything, it looks like it only supports gamecube games...
Netplay supports any game that uses gamecube controllers. So that's all gamecube games, and some wii games.
How come it doesnt support wii controller yet? And what about wii classic controller?
The Wii Remote has a lot of very complex functions, from a low resolution IR sensor (basically a camera), a rumble motor, to accelerometers, a speaker, and the extension port. It would be very difficult to make all that work over netplay. An emulated wiimote is double though, but no one has completed it yet. Maybe soon...

A gamecube controller, on the other hand, is just buttons and axis. (and a rumble motor which I believe is disabled in netplay)
I made a video how to use Nintendo WFC on the Dolphin Emulator. I only tried it with Mario Kart Wii though...

(07-23-2013, 02:09 AM)PrσspΣkt Wrote: [ -> ]I made a video how to use Nintendo WFC on the Dolphin Emulator. I only tried it with Mario Kart Wii though...

Wow thanks so much Big Grin. Does this work with wii remotes?
Pages: 1 2