Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why am I not running full speed anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Zell1226

CPU - Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz
RAM - Corsair 8GB DDR3
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760
OS - Windows 7 64x
Dolphin Revision - 3.5-367

So I was playing Skyward Sword months ago running full speed on the same PC (Except I had a GTX 560 and an older revision) and now I'm barely cutting 24 FPS now. What the heck happened? Same thing goes with Metroid Prime 2 (Trilogy), which I also configured to run at full speed, now it runs at about 80%. I even get stutters in Brawl. Can anyone provide some insight here? I figured it might be a hardware issue so I posted this here, although I'm not sure. If it belongs somewhere else, I am sorry.
running here with i74770k and + gtx 780, both are overclocked.

i74770k @ 4ghz overclocked (turbo mode off), Metroid prime 3 c. running here over 90-100fps, so no problems here.
try to use openGL, this fixed the stuttering in metroid prime 3 c.

edit²: i got the same 3.5-367 everything running nice, try 1393 i have there alot better performance in some games Smile
@CryZENx Your CPU is much faster than his CPU clock for clock . i5 4670k / i7 4770k stock speed is as fast as i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz / i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
i5 4670k / i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz is faster than i5 2500k @ 5.3GHz in Dolphin ! See Dolphin Benchmark :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-th...-benchmark
@Zell1226 Latest Dolphin uses the new AX HLE which is more demanding than the old HLE . Not mention Dolphin aims for accuracy and accuracy = who cares about performance anyway Tongue
Try :
_Right-click the game - Properties - Tick "Vbeam Speed Hack"
_Set Framelimit = 30 or 60(depending on the game) and tick "limit by FPS" instead of auto
_If you still not get full speed , overclock i5 2500k to 4.8GHz
_The new AX HLE is almost the same as LLE . If you not run game at full speed , you will game stuttering audio . You can fix this by using Vbeam trick : tick Vbeam and untick Idle Skipping
His GPU is likely throttling. He upgraded to a 700 series gpu. He needs to go into nvidia control panel and force the power mode to "prefer maximum performance". I'll let someone else explain how to do it because I've already explained it so many times (or just google it).

Zell1226

Thank you both for the tips. It's fixed quite a bit.
I should also point out that your build is horribly out of date and not from the official site.

Zell1226

(07-20-2013, 12:03 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I should also point out that your build is horribly out of date and not from the official site.
Thanks again. You'd be sad to hear my old build that I had before this one.Blush Everything is peachy perfect again guys, it's hard to play these games back on my Wii U after seeing what Dolphin can do. Wink
Anyone knows how to do the same on amd 7900 series?

Im getting 25fps in mario party 8 (on tablet board) and in mini games always reach full speed. Gpu usage goes to 0% when on tablet board.
Are you forcing the GPU into high power mode in catalyst control panel?
I´ll look again for that option, though it was only for notebooks.

I´d created a dolphin.exe per app setting on catalyst but it´s useless.
Pages: 1 2