Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to assign which thread goes to a specific core?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
via the ini of Dolphins files is it possible to choose which thread goes to which core?

Thanks!
No.­­
(07-17-2013, 03:21 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]No.­­
Does Dolphin randomly choose a core? I'm using a quad core

Thanks for the reply.
Windows allocates it a set of cores.
(07-17-2013, 03:25 PM)arwing92x Wrote: [ -> ]Does Dolphin randomly choose a core? I'm using a quad core

Dolphin only uses 2 + 1 cores.
1 core for CPU. 1 core for GPU. 1 core for LLE (if "on Dedicated Thread")
Are there ANY games that the "On Thread" doesnt break?...lol

I am sort of seriously asking because it would provide a great speed up for the Zelda uCode games, but the Thread options seems to be bad for those games. Thoughts?
Quote:Are there ANY games that the "On Thread" doesnt break?...lol

Actually most games are fine with LLE on thread. Pretty much all AX games really. As for LLE on thread breaking stuff, it's mostly just Zelda's and a few random others.

HLE on thread, on the other hand... Lots of weirdness there.
(07-17-2013, 11:29 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]HLE on thread, on the other hand... Lots of weirdness there.

I read somewhere (guess it was delroth but I don't remember exactly) that it was gonna be suppressed
(07-17-2013, 03:25 PM)arwing92x Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2013, 03:21 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]No.­­
Does Dolphin randomly choose a core? I'm using a quad core

Thanks for the reply.
No, your OS will automatically assign it to whatever core makes the most sense.
If the OS automatically chooses a core how come when I look at the task manager each of the 4 physical + 4 virtual cores is receiving load including the virtual cores (HT on)?

Sometimes if DSP to thread is on and Windows assigns it to a virtual core there is a huge FPS loss.

(07-17-2013, 11:12 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Are there ANY games that the "On Thread" doesnt break?...lol

I am sort of seriously asking because it would provide a great speed up for the Zelda uCode games, but the Thread options seems to be bad for those games. Thoughts?
LLE on thread freezes Mario Galaxy Sad
Pages: 1 2