Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Mediocre Quality] Xboxify Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created these for personal use with the assistance of the great Dolphin Community. I wanted to share because I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me.

If you're anything like me, you like to use your xbox controller for playing your Dolphin games. You may find it a wee bit of a nuisance when the game tells you the wrong buttons because you like to map your keys in a way that best emulates a gamecube controller.

These retextures fix that for you!

These retextures assume your mappings are as such:

GB : Xbox

A : A
B : X
X : B
Y : Y
L : L
R : R
Start : Start
D-Pad : D-Pad
Z : RB
C : R Stick
Stick : L Stick

The retexture simply makes your games tell you these controls as you play. Good for those folk who play your games and can't grasp that X is B and B is X.

So far the only games retextured are:

Twilight Princess
Wind Waker

Installation:

The files are super small, they only contain a few image files. Just paste the contents of the rar into your Dolphin folder (where Dolphin.exe is contained). Under Graphics>Advanced, enable Load Custom Textures. Should be perfectly compatible with other texture packs including HD ones as long as this is loaded last.

Twilight Princess Download

[Image: b7cFhgF.png]
I tried but find it impossible to
change the b button from red to blue.

Wind Waker Download

[Image: VrYZus8.png]
Everything seems to be in order here

Anyhoo I hope you have fun with these textures, feel free to make your own or improve upon my work. I made this for the world, afterall and I sure wouldn't complain if someone managed to let me have my blue b button in twilight princess Wink

Part of the reason I put this online was to ensure that I didn't leave any textures out. Aint no bug testers like the internet. If you notice any mislabling of buttons during gameplay, please let me know and I'll fix them asap.

Sorry for the forum this is posted in, I can't access the retextures forum regardless of what I do.
Very cool - I will check this out. I appreciate your attention to detail!.
managed to fix wind waker. Blue buttons galore.