Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Optimal Settings for my setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm not the most computer savvy and was wondering if I could enlist some help from those who are more experienced. I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro, which I believe comes with an Intel HD 3000 Graphics card, and I'm trying to run dolphin to play games like Wind Waker and Sonic Adventures Battle 2 and such, nothing like Twilight Princess in terms of power need. Anyways I was wondering if you guys could help inform me of the settings changes I could make in Dolphin to make the games run optimaly with good fps. Your help will be incredibly appreciated! Thanks!

Here's a link to a full description of my computer: http://support.apple.com/kb/sp619
With Intel HD 3000 , you will have to use lowest graphic settings
It's an integrated GPU which is placed inside the CPU , not a "graphic card"
(07-17-2013, 02:39 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]With Intel HD 3000 , you will have to use lowest graphic settings
It's an integrated GPU which is placed inside the CPU , not a "graphic card"
Does Dolphin go ahead and assign my computer to play on the lowest settings or do I need to go and manually change it to do so?
Your gonna be pretty hard pressed to run anything when your stuck on intel integrated (especially the 3000 series). Also, you never told us your CPU, or even your screen size for me to even ball park your hardware for that MacBook Pro release. I'm guessing a unspecified i5 running 2.3 GHz (Sandy Bridge).
(07-17-2013, 02:45 AM)ThorhiantheUltimate Wrote: [ -> ]Your gonna be pretty hard pressed to run anything when your stuck on intel integrated (especially the 3000 series). Also, you never told us your CPU, or even your screen size for me to even ball park your hardware for that MacBook Pro release. I'm guessing a unspecified i5 running 2.3 GHz (Sandy Bridge).
Sorry, it has a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache, with 4G of DDR3 RAM, and its a 13-inch. You were correct in that it was a Sandy Bridge intel chip, wish I'd waited an extra year....Ivy is supposedly a good bit better