Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Brawl tests report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well well well

my first word on this is
it runs better than smash bros melee from gc, no kidding

i just tested the pal version, ripped from a original cd by myself.

i must say that the gfx here were even better than the real wii, and speed was just perfect

cfgs used:
dolphin x64 2745
dual core, skip idle, optimize quantizers all on
on sounds option only hle sound on
on video full screen
adjusted wii option to 16:9 and worked but any of the other options there just makes the emu hang (on the wii specific config tab)

i couldnt play the adventure mode coz gets stuck on a black screen after first battle, but i only care for the multplayer mode anyay and theres were my problem begun.

everything goes fine till i activate the 4 controllers(wich i use 4 playstation 2 controllers with adapters) it works nicely on ssbm, but on ssbb i get panic screens saying that my gfx card desynced, then i gota restart the emu and try again till i get no errors, it completely ramdom, but works eventualy, ive played for hours with some friends even tho we own a real wii XD(we have only 2 controllers on the real wii -.-)

the game runs 28 -35 fps, and it feels just like the real wii.

on my low end system it runned at 15 - 17 fps .... never tot it could even boot a emulated game like that XD.

the game runned a little slow on the 32 bit IL version, but i guess thats due to the fact that amd processors are rly rly stronger on 64 bit mode, i guess its 64 bit mode are even better than intels 64 bit mode...

anyway i wanna let this registered here for the ones who have curiosity about it.

see ya
Just a note: The game runs faster, because it has it's own implemented frameskip, however on most stages you get less FPS than in Melee because the stages are more demanding. In the Melee stages of Brawl you get higher FPS then you get when playing them in Melee, so the game seems to be more optimized after all.
can you tell me how you rip from the game disc? I also have legit cd of brawl and melee. and was wondering how to get the iso out of it and put them on pc?
Either get an LG drive for your PC channel, or use twilight hack and install homebrew channel and dvd dumper/wiihttpd on your wii. note that this isn't possible at the moment with Wii Menu 4.0. Alternative: Modchip
any LG dvd drive can read gc or wii discs?
waninkoko's FW 4.0 mod ftw Wink
thanks for the test!! Big Grin
I've found the adventure mode to be playable. It will crash randomly, but the trick is just to keep playing over and over again until you get to the next save point without a crash along the way. Very frustrating no doubt, especially for the longer levels, but playable.

It seems to crash most often when the game switches modes. That is to say, it seems to use one graphics mode for movies, one for gameplay (the levels themselves) and one for the adventure map. Switching between any of these gives roughly a 25% chance of crashing, so levels with lots of built-in movies tend to crash the most, and of course there's a random crash chance going from the *stage end* screen to the map screen where the save option is. That's the most frustrating place to have it happen. ^_^

Save states seem to work, but only if you don't use the Wii remote to play. You must *start* playing adventure mode with the GC controller, since the save state loading causes the emulated wiimote to desync almost immediately, unless you are lucky and manage to load it at the exact right moment. Wouldn't be much a problem if Dolphin emulated the desync properly, but it doesn't. (If it emulated the desync, the game would default back to the GC controller when loading a save state, and you could pick up from there using the GC controller even if you had originally started playing with the Wii remote.)

Of course, as many others have tested, the "illegal" version with all the movies removed doesn't work at all for Adventure mode. No real surprise there.

I've had considerable success by skipping over the movies, which you can do by pressing start, then A. True, you lose out a bit on the experience, but at least it doesn't crash randomly during the movie, which it's known to occasionally do.
i ripped thru wii cfw, my why got hacks on it.... here on my country all video games are sold with modchips, its a cultural stuff, coz we are poor XD

but smash bros is a game i love and i got a original one, wen u buy u can choose 2 games and its added to the final price wich is divided by a certain number of months wich u gonna pay for it slowly XD.

anyway the controllers here are rly expensive like u$420(wiimote + nunchuck) while playstation 2 controllers are like u$40, the price of 2 wiimotes+nunchucks can almost afford for my pc itself XD, a former president did some laws to reduce computers price and bring us to the IT era.

and now finding out i can play ssbb on my computer with 4 players was amazing....

but mind u that i was nooby on that one, coz i just figured i can use my GC controllers =O

but for some reason i like to play it on my pc... dunno why... maybe coz i love pcs... i think consoles are way too weak and limited, i can do many things on my pc... consoles should die XD
(04-03-2009, 11:54 AM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]I've found the adventure mode to be playable. It will crash randomly, but the trick is just to keep playing over and over again until you get to the next save point without a crash along the way. Very frustrating no doubt, especially for the longer levels, but playable.

Did you play against the Gigant Diddy Kong in adventure Mode?
After i beat him dolphin crashes down time and time again.