Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: problem with wii goldeneye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i load the game up my wiimote vibrats but when i get to the menu of the game it askse me if i want to creat a save file but i can not go any further as no buttons work other then the home button. i can not seem to play this game. i have tryd 3.5 and the latest 3.5-1579. other games function properly. is there a setting i need to change?if so what. thanks.
Please ask questions about specific games in their appropiate thread in Game Discussion next time. We have them there for a reason.

Right click the game in Dolphin and go to Open Save Folder or something to that effect. See if there are any files actually being written to this location. If not, check to make sure you have write permissions on the folder (e.g. Dolphin shouldn't be in a place like program files). If there are files, try deleting them.

Also, just to clarify, this freeze isn't like where the FPS drops to zero or anything, correct?
(07-11-2013, 01:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Please ask questions about specific games in their appropiate thread in Game Discussion next time. We have them there for a reason.

Right click the game in Dolphin and go to Open Save Folder or something to that effect. See if there are any files actually being written to this location. If not, check to make sure you have write permissions on the folder (e.g. Dolphin shouldn't be in a place like program files). If there are files, try deleting them.

Also, just to clarify, this freeze isn't like where the FPS drops to zero or anything, correct?
i did do a search for golden eye wii in the game thread but i only found an old entry and i was unable to post thats why i made this thread . this is not a freeze or fps issue . this is a game issue not function properly. i load the game for the first time and it gives me the option of creating a save file or continuing without saving. just like it would if u use the wii console. but the wii mote is not working..so i cant enter the game beyond this point. i no the wii mote is connected because as i launch the game the wii mote vibrates. and i can press the home button and that gives me the pause screen. but pressing any other buttons on the wii mote dose not work with this game for some resson.

(07-11-2013, 01:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Please ask questions about specific games in their appropiate thread in Game Discussion next time. We have them there for a reason.

im sorry. i see the thread now..i was using the search function at the top and for some resson it was only comin up with old entrys. my mistake