Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fix Corrupted 1019 Memory Card RAW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mama Krama

I use a MadCatz 1019 memory card for my Wii. Because my brother needed it to put his massive MVP Baseball 2005 saves on for his GameCube until his new card that he ordered (same type) arrived, I put my Ocarina of Time save that I was playing onto an official Nintendo 59 card. When I moved it back onto my MadCatz, i tried playing Ocarina of Time. it said the card was corrupted and needed to be formatted. Since then I have tried dumping the card to a RAW file and have tried opening it with the Dolphin MemCard Manager but I get a "Directory checksum failed and directory backup checksum failed" error. Could anyone help me to either troubleshoot this error or take my RAW and edit it themselves to find where the corruption is coming from? This specific card has the saves of about 6 years of work so I'm willing to do whatever it takes to fix it.

EDIT: The RAW dump is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mh3suzvyeskupd
Upload it and someone may be able to fix it

Mama Krama

Bumpity bump.
with a few quick tricks I was able to retrieve 6 separate entries, i haven't tested them though so they may be corrupted anyways (i don't know if they are saves that you are interested in anyways)
Prince of Persia T2T
Animal Crossing NES Save Data
The Hobbit
007 NightFire profile's MAC, KRAYMA, CONS (each has its own directory entry)

as far as the rest, the game save data may or may not be there, the rest of the file directory is empty so the first 64 bytes of the saves (which identify what game it is for among other things) are gone forever, someone could potentially recreate them but it would take time to identify the saves from the remaining data

Mama Krama

(07-11-2013, 06:04 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]with a few quick tricks I was able to retrieve 6 separate entries, i haven't tested them though so they may be corrupted anyways (i don't know if they are saves that you are interested in anyways)
Prince of Persia T2T
Animal Crossing NES Save Data
The Hobbit
007 NightFire profile's MAC, KRAYMA, CONS (each has its own directory entry)

as far as the rest, the game save data may or may not be there, the rest of the file directory is empty so the first 64 bytes of the saves (which identify what game it is for among other things) are gone forever, someone could potentially recreate them but it would take time to identify the saves from the remaining data
Thanks for your efforts so far. My aim here is to salvage as many saves as I can and then put them back on the card after I've formatted it. If you need any help on my end for recovering just tell me what to do. I could compile a list of the rest of the games that should be present in the data if that would help.

Mama Krama

Bump.
i've been too busy with other things, but came across a utility you may want to try
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCN_MemCard_Recover