Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Missing Resolutions in Config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xTakkei

Hey!~ New to the forums, but not to Dolphin.

When using Dolphin previously I was using 1280x1024 resolution, and everything was good. Then when my computer crashed, I wiped, went out and bought a new monitor, then put all my stuff back on as usual and reripped the games I own. My native resolution on Windows is 1080p/1920x1080 but when I look for it, it isn't in my choices for Fullscreen resolutions. The only one close to it is the Internal resolution enhancement 3x Native. I am currently running Dolphin 3.5.

Any help? Also, if I choose to auto adjust to window size, would that do the trick?

Thanks!

xT~

PS. My PC is a bit dated by a few years but is still able to run and record with Fraps at 1080p with no slowdown on other emulators. I'm just curious as to why it could be missing from Dolphin.
Welcome Takkei,

You can set up two resolutions in Dolphin.
1) internal resolution (the one you speak of)
2) fullscreen resolution

The internal resolution determines what resolution the game gets rendered at internally. The higher, the better of course.
You should set the fullscreen resolution to 1080p, which you can find at Graphics -> General tab.

According to NaturalViolence' comprehensive GPU guide, your GPU is capable of rendering at 3x internal resolution without becoming a bottleneck.

Quote:Any help? Also, if I choose to auto adjust to window size, would that do the trick?
Yes. That will set the internal resolution to what your window size is exactly.

xTakkei

(07-09-2013, 08:41 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Takkei,

You can set up two resolutions in Dolphin.
1) internal resolution (the one you speak of)
2) fullscreen resolution

The internal resolution determines what resolution the game gets rendered at internally. The higher, the better of course.
You should set the fullscreen resolution to 1080p, which you can find at Graphics -> General tab.

According to NaturalViolence' comprehensive GPU guide, your GPU is capable of rendering at 3x internal resolution without becoming a bottleneck.

Quote:Any help? Also, if I choose to auto adjust to window size, would that do the trick?
Yes. That will set the internal resolution to what your window size is exactly.

Thanks for the help. Since there is no 1920x1080 choice as my fullscreen resolution, here is what I did:

Fullscreen Resolution: Auto
Internal Resolution: 3x Native. (Auto had the same output resolution)

I ran a quick test with Super Smash Bros. Melee and it seemed to do the job. With my Fraps test it also worked better than before. FPS drop (if any) was imperceptible at best, and being captured at an incredibly smooth rate with no drop on the video. Seems to have better performance than my previous Dolphin setup.
Auto Adjust Window Size adjusts the size of the window so that it's equal to whatever internal res you choose. If you actually want the internal res to match whatever you resize the window to, choose Auto (Window Size) for your internal res. Non-integer multiples of native res can cause issues, though, so I advise you to stick with 3x IR.

xTakkei

(07-10-2013, 01:35 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Auto Adjust Window Size adjusts the size of the window so that it's equal to whatever internal res you choose. If you actually want the internal res to match whatever you resize the window to, choose Auto (Window Size) for your internal res. Non-integer multiples of native res can cause issues, though, so I advise you to stick with 3x IR.
I will, thanks :3