Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sudden performance issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! I have been using the Emu successfully for a while now, getting playable FPS in most games. I beat SSBB and I am now enjoying Wind Waker, or at least was.

Long story short, Dolphin as a whole has stopped working as before. I used to get a constant 30FPS during Wind Waker gameplay, and 60FPS during the startup screens. Now, I get 30 on the initial screens, and 10-15 during gameplay, and the audio has become very stuttery. I have not changed any configurations whatsoever. These issues have extended to every game. I updated my graphic drivers, but the problem persists. Any idea what this might be?

Operating System:Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU:Intel i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ (8CPU)
Video Card/GPU:Geforce GT 650M 2GB
Memory/RAM:8192MB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using:3.5-367

A few additional notes:
-During the startup screens, I used to get a third line of data that no longer appears
[Image: tumblr_mpng82meEH1rna3vbo2_1280.png]

-The quality of the drawing distance (not sure if the right concept) has decreased enormously: objects very near Link have become distorted, an effect previously seen very far away.
[Image: tumblr_mpng82meEH1rna3vbo1_1280.png]

Whatever this might be, thanks for reading.

AlkanirQc

For the poor quality of drawing distance

Just adjust your internal resolution with ur fullscreen resolution

Its work for me

Ex: Fullscreen = 1920x1080
Internal = 3x Native (1920x1584)
Quote:Dolphin Revision Currently Using:3.5-367
is not from our official site Dolphin-emu.org
Latest Dolphin is Dolphin 3.5 1xxx and the stable version is Dolphin 3.5

Qaazavaca Qaanic

The newest dev builds have many bugfixes over 367 and 3.5, but there is a small chance of bugs. I'm pretty sure there's more bugs fixed than created, though. And they're going to be EVEN slower.
For the performance issue, use older builds. They can be faster, buggier, and less accurate, depending on the revision. The process on fixing bugs and increasing accuracy slows down the emulator because it needs to do more work to simulate the GC/Wii more accurately.
And to fix the graphical problem, try ticking "Scaled EFB Copy" somewhere in the first two graphics tabs.
The missing line is normal? in recent revisions. Which one were you using before this?
Thanks for the quick help guys, I did not realize I was using an unofficial revision. I switched to 3.5 and voila, all seems fixed now. I just transferred the memory card file and I'm good to go.

Thanks to you all again, much appreciated.