Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A fine way to treat a new member -.-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To Starscream..

Thank you for locking my account on my VERY FIRST POST -.-
Soooo sorry I didn't catch the game support section....I thought "wii SUPPORT"
section was the right place to put my post.

After several times of TRYING place the post in the correct area....I am left with no other explanation other than....I was locked...

Soooo....how ...exactly ..am I suppose to post in the correct section....if I cannot post at all ?

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to
    access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check
    in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
It would help if we knew what post/thread you are referring to.

Most likely you're trying to make a thread in the game discussion forum, which isn't allowed. You're supposed to look up the thread for the game that you're having issues with using the game thread index then post your issue in that thread. It's the thread at the top with the big red "Read This First!" text under it, which you apparently didn't read.

SS also told you what to do when he closed your thread:
Starscream Wrote:Post game questions like these in the official game thread

He didn't lock your account. He just expects you to follow the rules that are clearly laid out in the stickied threads that you're supposed to read before posting.
Yeah I didn't think to check his/her post history until you brought it up. He/she should still include a link in the OP though so that we don't have to do that.
This is why you should read the rules before posting
I guess the confusion is that you think you're supposed to create a thread for a game, when in reality you're supposed to post in the existing game thread that you're looking for. You can search for game threads in the "game thread index" threads that reside in each game section. There is no need to create new threads for games at all.
Support (31 users browsing)
Simple questions and answers about Dolphin belong here.

That is were I had my post....I saw "Simple questions etc etc here..." which is why I posted it there...
I don't have a problem at all with being corrected, being told where to correctly post.(my bad)...and I fully get it as to why the thread was closed....what I have an issue with...is being unable to post AT ALL in the correct thread area. I've tried several times and each time...it says I am unable to ..bla bla....locked account bla bla.
Which is why I posted THIS thread. (since...I am unable to post my game question in it's appropriate area) .
Quite a catch 22.
However...I digress. And, yes....I realize that I should have read the rules first. I fully understand why the OP corrected me and closed it...and he/she was right for doing so....
But...to lock an account.....on their FIRST post.....with ZERO warnings......really ?

And to Scootaloo....."Try posting in that particular games' thread support"......
Did you miss the part where I posted this :

"You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to
access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check
in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

The VERY first thing I did (let me be clear on that..VERY first thing) I did was use the search button for the game in question..
and I got ...."No additional settings required.." on all my searches...
Okies....so....after quite some time....I decided it was time to ask the "Helpful Community" (Just quoting what the brochure says..)
Ok...so...I posted in the wrong area....totally my fault on that...
but even now ...it says I'm locked out of posting in the game support thread.
No one locked your account, you're just not able to create new threads in the game support section. The message that appears when you try to create a thread in a section that you shouldn't be creating threads in might seem like your account is locked, but that's what it looks like for everyone/most people. Some sections need a certain post count to post in, but you do not need any special access to search for your game and post in the existing thread.
Okies...thank you for a record - breaking speedy reply..
So then....what you are saying is....I ...have had the ability to create a new thread removed...and...since every topic ever conceived of ...pertaining to (but limited to) Dolphin, wii, and gamecube ...has been asked and/or answered..........there should never be a reason for me to start a new thread....ever...(I just want to be crystal on that....)
And....that I should use ....quick reply ...then because....I have "Create new thread....and quick reply"..
Also....does each game have it's own unique support area or is a ...collective for game(s) support?

Open to suggestions ....I tried the wii game support / wii game finder (in the hopes of actually finding a support thread about a specific title)....that's what "Game Finder" which resides in the "wii Game Support" section ...is suppose to do ....no ?
Well....it only takes you to a page that describes said game ....and says...."No additional setting needed..."
Which is why...I posted my question in the first place because either the page is wrong....or my settings are.
Pages: 1 2