Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 21:9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok, so ive been getting my emulators ready for a newer TV I want to get that is a 21:9 aspect(by setting aspect to stretch, and activating widescreen hack, it will always be the correct aspect no matter the resolution i.e.
[Image: 2013_07_06_00001___copy_by_winchester7314-d6c9m40.jpg]
Well some games work fine, like SSBB works perfectly , SSBM on the other hand has some issues. For one, certain stage backgrounds have elements that dont stretch, so the background appears to stay in a 4:3 aspect, and everything beyond that is just black.
[Image: 2013_07_06_00002_by_winchester7314-d6c9mrn.jpg]

[Image: 2013_07_06_00005_by_winchester7314-d6c9mxw.jpg]
and In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, the draw distance seems to be an issue, as elements beyond 16:9 dont render until they are within 16:9 visibility for example look at the tucan on the bottom left disappear as i rotate just abit.
[Image: 2013_07_06_00001_by_winchester7314-d6c9o29.jpg]

[Image: 2013_07_06_00004_by_winchester7314-d6c9o3r.jpg]
.....any help would be appreciated. Please do not spam my thread with remarks such as "why do you even want 21:9, thats way too much!" or anything insulting my opinion of playing games to my preference. Thanks Smile
The widescreen hack is just that, a hack. Better ideas have been suggested as to how it should be implemented, but currently there's no fix for the issues you're experiencing.
Winchester7314 Wrote:and In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, the draw distance seems to be an issue, as elements beyond 16:9 dont render until they are within 16:9 visibility for example look at the tucan on the bottom left disappear as i rotate just abit.
Winchester7314 Wrote:SSBM on the other hand has some issues. For one, certain stage backgrounds have elements that dont stretch, so the background appears to stay in a 4:3 aspect, and everything beyond that is just black.

Both of these are normal issues with the widescreen hack. You're trying to force the game to do something that it wasn't designed to do. There are bound to be some problems with certain titles.

Winchester7314 Wrote:(by setting aspect to stretch, and activating widescreen hack, it will always be the correct aspect no matter the resolution i.e.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here but if you're suggesting that you can get your games to render at 21:9 you would be wrong. Widescreen hack will always cause them to be rendered at 16:9. Your system will then stretch that to 21:9.
No, no, the widescreen hack USED to force 16:9, but Billiard fixed that forever ago (circa r5000). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcM1TmAMKo
(07-07-2013, 08:54 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Winchester7314 Wrote:and In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, the draw distance seems to be an issue, as elements beyond 16:9 dont render until they are within 16:9 visibility for example look at the tucan on the bottom left disappear as i rotate just abit.
Winchester7314 Wrote:SSBM on the other hand has some issues. For one, certain stage backgrounds have elements that dont stretch, so the background appears to stay in a 4:3 aspect, and everything beyond that is just black.

Both of these are normal issues with the widescreen hack. You're trying to force the game to do something that it wasn't designed to do. There are bound to be some problems with certain titles.

Winchester7314 Wrote:(by setting aspect to stretch, and activating widescreen hack, it will always be the correct aspect no matter the resolution i.e.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here but if you're suggesting that you can get your games to render at 21:9 you would be wrong. Widescreen hack will always cause them to be rendered at 16:9. Your system will then stretch that to 21:9.
but it works entirley fine, see above at my photos, they arent edited, they are actually being played at that ratio, SSBB is being tested ABOVE 21:9, and nothing is being "stretched". It does 21:9 perfectly for SSBB
and yes i get that its doing something its not designed to, lol, what im wondering is if an individual hack can be appluied to stretch elements of similar attributes to fit, without diminishing the effect of widescreen hack...but widescreen hack does not just do 16:9, so long as The Ration is set to "stretch", and not "force 16:9" it can render at 21:9 without actually stretching.

(07-07-2013, 08:50 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]The widescreen hack is just that, a hack. Better ideas have been suggested as to how it should be implemented, but currently there's no fix for the issues you're experiencing.
ok, I knew it was a hack, but i just wanted to know if their was maybe "another hack" that could fix something like that or could be implemented for specific games as such.
Well, there is an AR code for widescreen that doesn't have this problem, but it's only for 16x9. So, it won't help you. Here's the code if you'd like to try it.

04BDC5E4 3FCFC217
Try replacing the 3FCFC217 with 40155555 in this AR code, this might work for a 21:9 ratio.
(07-07-2013, 10:35 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is an AR code for widescreen that doesn't have this problem, but it's only for 16x9. So, it won't help you. Here's the code if you'd like to try it.

04BDC5E4 3FCFC217
(07-07-2013, 10:46 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Try replacing the 3FCFC217 with 40155555 in this AR code, this might work for a 21:9 ratio.
I'm not sure which problem your referring to, the distance one for TY or the 4:3 problem in SSBM but either way I tried both codes on both game in both 16:9 and 21:9 and its still not fixed, but thanks for trying.
Delroth's altered AR code works great. The GUI is stretched, but in game is fine, and there's no weird black stuff. You definitely need to try it. Remember to have the widescreen hack OFF, enable cheats on, and the AR code on.

[Image: 21x9.jpg]
(07-07-2013, 11:55 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Delroth's altered AR code works great. The GUI is stretched, but in game is fine, and there's no weird black stuff. You definitely need to try it. Remember to have the widescreen hack OFF, enable cheats on, and the AR code on.
OK, i have everythign set properly, and still having a problem. using that AR code does nothing for me. If i do what you say as shown in this picture, i still get stretching, no in game widescreen, nothign, just stretching. [Image: problem_by_winchester7314-d6cb8m8.png]
Pages: 1 2 3