Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Sugestion] Implementing CUDA on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i was just thinking assuming that everyone knows what is cuda. I think it was a good implementation on the emulator, for those that have a nvidia card, like a gtx something and a slow processor, like a dual core 2.x it was great as dolphin doesnt uses much power of the grafic card, we could use that power as processing power, its just a sugestion, think about it guys. oh and keep up the awsome work.

Regards to the dolphin team.
and the ATI ppl?

Cuda? Physic on Wii? lol

if u ask me i prefer the dev team focus on increase the performance and sound compatibility
Cuda is not physic only, its a way to put stress from the cpu to the GPU, that in teory may give beter performance on dolphin.
CUDA is best implemented into programs where there are LOTS of simple, small calculations all happening in parrallel... unfortunately, Dolphin could not be run in this way due to how the emulator converts PPC code to x86/x64 code then executes it.
this is like multicore dolphin. If that won't happen, cuda will never happen.
It's been discussed several times here, and several times on the PCSX2 forums.

CUDA would bring no benefit to console emulation.
keep nvidia-users in their dreeamworld plz ^^ especially the ones that ask such stupid question

i dont want them in my head Tongue
(everybody else: come in and have fun - it's funny here xD)
there's nothing wrong with nvidia users, and it isn't a stupid question. Don't revive threads like this.

cmccmc

Why do people always come into threads where the answer has already been said Tongue
O HAI GUIZE I C THER'S KNOW MOAR PROBLEM HEAR BUT ILL PUT IN MA 2 SENSE ANAWAY

Honestly.
Pages: 1 2