Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another performance query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How well will my laptop work out with Zelda:TP (GC)?

Specifications:
IntelĀ® CoreTM i5-3210M processor @2.5GHz (up to 3.1GHz)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
8GB DDR3 Memory
1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000
15.6" 720P LED

I know that the IG is garbage, but what can I expect in Zelda:TP (GC)? Also, I already own the laptop so please don't try recommending other ones to buy.
(07-05-2013, 10:41 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]How well will my laptop work out with Zelda:TP (GC)?

Game may run like a slowmotion movie with latest Dolphin
If you use 1xIR and EFB copies to Ram (for the map , EFB to texture = no map for you) , most place will be fine except Hurule Field (expect 18-20FPS witrh Dolphin 3.5 stable , maybe more or less...idk)
Look at the attachment
1 : i5 3210M with Intel HD 4000
2 : i5 3210M with AMD 7670M
(07-05-2013, 11:50 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2013, 10:41 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]How well will my laptop work out with Zelda:TP (GC)?
Game may run like a slowmotion movie with latest Dolphin
If you use 1xIR and EFB copies to Ram (for the map , EFB to texture = no map for you) , most place will be fine except Hurule Field (expect 18-20FPS witrh Dolphin 3.5 stable , maybe more or less...idk)
Look at the attachment
1 : i5 3210M with Intel HD 4000
2 : i5 3210M with AMD 7670M
Well doesn't the game only run at 30FPS? That's what I read here:

"[Both] Legend of Zelda, The: The Twilight Princess (Thanks to NaturalViolence): 30 FPS"

So assuming that the red numbers were representing FPS doesn't that mean I *should* be able to run it at about the same speed?
(07-06-2013, 12:17 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]Well doesn't the game only run at 30FPS? That's what I read here:

"[Both] Legend of Zelda, The: The Twilight Princess (Thanks to NaturalViolence): 30 FPS"

So assuming that the red numbers were representing FPS doesn't that mean I *should* be able to run it at about the same speed?
The screenshot is from the Dolphin Wind Waker benchmark. Twilight Princess is a more demanding game, especially in late game on Hyrule Field.
You should be able to run it decently except for Hyrule Field (late game) as mentioned above.
The attachment is Zelda Wind Waker Benchmark result . Zelda WW is a light-weight game , Zelda TP is a demanding game (Hyrule Field need top of the line CPUs such as i5 3570k , i5 4670k)
i showed you the gap between a laptop with a dedicated GPU and a laptop with integrated GPU . You will not able to pull out the true power of a CPU if you not pair it with a dedicated GPU
Well I guess I'll hold off on this game for now. Maybe I'll play Wind Waker XD.
3.5 may play this game well, and 3.0 would do even better. I know 3.0 is quite old, but I don't know of any specific TP issues that have been fixed recently (certainly not the audio :p), but you'd have to deal with any issues with Dolphin 3.0 itself. Hyrule Field will still be slow though, there's no getting around that.
Well, I don't know if there is much speed difference between a mobile i5 and a mobile i7, bit in my laptop (specs in signature) I get fullspeed (with CPU running at 3.2GHz due Turbo Boost), and 20-25 FPS in Hyrule Field after beating the game, using the latest development build before the merge of shader-uid-awesome...

You could give a try to r6515 too, certainly it'll be faster than current builds, but you'll probably have some graphical glitches not present in current builds, thus, no support from the forums...
@Jhonn

You have a discrete GPU in your laptop though so that's not really a fair comparison.
I got these results running in the Intel HD 4000 at 1x IR and EFB Copy to Texture... If I run in the GT635M, I can change to 2x IR and EFB Copy to RAM with Cache enabled and still get 18-22 FPS in Hyrule Field and fullspeed in other areas...