Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: missing covers and other questions please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vesper8

Hi all,

I've just started using Dolphin so I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer. I did do a ton of searches prior to making this thread and was rather surprised to see no one else seemed to be asking the same questions for the most part.

First of all, my setup is that I have a folder which contains a bunch of other folders, one for each game, and each folder has a single .wbfs file. This is my preferred format since I want to be able to use these same files to play on my real Wii.

I am using the latest nightly builld btw.

1-I've added this folder to my Dolphin paths, and it finds all my games and the games are launchable. But it doesn't download the covers / box art. I haven't found any way to get it to download this. But I've seen many screenshots where the icons are all populated unlike mine which are just grey Xs. Is it because of the .wbfs format? Do I need to install something extra to auto-download all the covers?

2-Second question, are most people just launching from Dolphin or is it considered more practical to install game loader/manager WADs ? Speaking of WADs, I am having the hardest time finding where I can download the Wii Channel wad. I would have thought that dolphin-popular WADs would be easy to find.. I must not be looking in the right place. A link or google keyword would be highly appreciated here.

3-I have a ton of wii games, VC and wiiware in my list. It makes it kinda hard to find games.. I really wish there was a simple search box in dolphin. Am I missing something here?

4-A lot of my games are named weirdly.. it's not the correct names. Is there some sort of manager/organizer that can rename them to their proper names automatically?

Thanks a lot... : )
Actually playing the games will fix some of these problems :3
1- What ExtremeDude2 said.
2- Use NUSDownloader.
3- Gather your games in the same folder. Indicate the path of this folder. They will appear as a game list.
4- They're named how you named them Tongue
^ What they said, most of these problems are fixed by running the games and letting them create save data. Banners (which you keep calling "covers") and game names are retrieved from the game's save data.

For question 2, if you want to install a full Wii Menu (plus other channels), you can get one via NUSDownloader, which'll download the necessary files and create an installable .wad for you. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader Keep in mind that launching things from the Wii Menu probably won't work properly, though, whether it's because launching channels is broken or because the channel itself just doesn't work in Dolphin. (Also, any Virtual Console NES games won't work, nor will ones in Animal Crossing or on the Zelda: Collector's Edition disc.)