Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Q | Hey guys, please answear :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys Smile
I remember an year ago, you must have a really good CPU for some games.
(like 3.2Ghz+ 4 cores for naruto (clash of somthing for the Wii to run on full speed).

Now i couldn't get a full speed on those games and i have q6700 (2.66Ghz).

there is any improvement since the last year about the amount of speed you get ? or still i must get a better cpu ?(I can't afford that...) (GTX260 GPU)

Thanks you very much guys Smile

If anything the requirements have gone up. Since the emulator is getting more accurate it requires more overhead (better hardware) to keep up. That's what I understand anyway.
(07-01-2013, 04:09 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]If anything the requirements have gone up. Since the emulator is getting more accurate it requires more overhead (better hardware) to keep up. That's what I understand anyway.
Oh... that's sucks..
I meen that it's good that they improving the emulator but it's sucks that I can't keep up with them..
(07-01-2013, 04:00 AM)DarkWolf Wrote: [ -> ]there is any improvement since the last year about the amount of speed you get ?

No. A powerful CPU is always (more than before? Tongue ) needed, recommended at least.

(07-01-2013, 04:00 AM)DarkWolf Wrote: [ -> ]or still i must get a better cpu ?

You should
(07-01-2013, 04:24 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2013, 04:00 AM)DarkWolf Wrote: [ -> ]there is any improvement since the last year about the amount of speed you get ?

No. A powerful CPU is always (more than before? Tongue ) needed, recommended at least.

(07-01-2013, 04:00 AM)DarkWolf Wrote: [ -> ]or still i must get a better cpu ?

You should
ok thanks
Fwiw, Intel Haswell CPUs clocked around 3.2~3.4GHz (probably even 2.8~2.9GHz) will run a lot of games quite well. Not the most demanding games (this requires overclocking). Essentially, whenever you upgrade your computer (which will be eventually, if you don't plan to use that machine forever that is) it should run Dolphin just fine in most cases. Most people in your situation hold off from playing Dolphin or just use older (albeit unsupported) builds until they can get new system
Ok that's ok..
Thanks alot for your support guys Smile
At the very least,, no matter how much the CPU requirements increase, we expect that there will always be a manufactured processor at the moment capable of emulating most titles at full speed.