Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Final build, but is it good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright this is my final build, but I was asking myself before buying it if this is enough to run The Last Story and Xenoblade at full speed at 4x native?

Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz which will be overclocked to 4.0GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 modded with SP120 Fans high performance
Asrock Z87 Pro3
ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 or is the Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti better?
Crucial 8 GB DDR3-1600
Cooler Master 700 Watt

Again, will this be enough to play The Last story and Xenoblade at full speed at 4x native?
That GPU is already a Ti chip. And yes, that build is great. You will be able to play both games at full speed easily.
Buying 660ti at this point is not recomended, since nvidia released better card at lower price ( gtx 760 )
GTX 700 series for ur info http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapc.php?mid=2&subid=260

higher gpu memory bandwidth GB/Sec the better

don't overclock your cpu unless you want product warranty void(mean not cover) due to overclocking!
Palit ? I've never heard of that brand before
Better get a GPU that has high reputation like EVGA or Gigabyte (Asus failed to meet my expectation although their GPU usually cost higher than the other GPUs)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130933
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814125465
palit gpu fan design nice and alot of review!

asus expensive due to efficient cooler design and good quality hardware and fan

gigabyte expensive gpu unless u rich
You will need to overklock a bit to get TLS full speed. Overclocking "k" cpus does not void warranty.
GTX660TI will be enough for both games with 4x IR and AA.

I play both full speed on my rig. (TLS drops to like 27 FPS sometimes in Lazulis).
The 4670k is faster than the 2500k, and you will be able to run full speed around 3.8-4.0Ghz mark.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Asus DC2 series (Got an Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5), and my last GPU was a Gigabyte and it was also performing remarkably well for four years (GTX 285).

EVGA is a good brand too, but they have usually used stock coolers, which are inferior to Gigabyte WF 3X and Asus DC2.

Difference between brands are usually ±$10, so I believe it is worth paying that $10 extra for a better cooler.
have you read warranty note! they do not cover overclocking cpu
motherboard also please read carefully!

new cpu haswell rumor it quality worse than i5 2500k and 3rd gen i5 quality
@hell321
What ?
cluth Wrote:GTX660TI will be enough for both games with 4x IR and AA
But GTX 760 is cheaper than GTX 660TI , GTX 760 is somewhere between GTX 670 and GTX 660Ti . It performs quite close to GTX 670 in some benchmarks
Having a 4670K box in front of me, I can say that Intel don't support overclocked CPUs with their warranty. However, you don't necessarily have to tell them you've overclocked, as if the chip broke after a sensible OC, it would've broken anyway.
Pages: 1 2