Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Long time since I used Dolphin, issues arised.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was off emulation in general for quite a few months now and coming back to Dolphin I encountered a few issues I can't get passed. First off I noticed 'Alternate Wiimote Timing' had been replaced by another option, enabling or disabling 'Enable Speaker Data' however had no effect on either SMG2 (says wiimote is disconnected) nor Sonic Colors (only gives me the option to play with a GC controller). For SMG2, pressing Alt+f5 resolved this issue temporarily (3 seconds) before the wiimote apperantly disconnects.Second issue is a very thin green border around the edges of the monitor (fullscreen), changing renderer/various settings didn't remove it.

Third and final issue is a tad more serious, it seems (and just that right now) to me that games are being rendered at a much lower resolution despite having it set to 4x internal res from the options. The games appear havily pixelated with much aliasing because of this, particularly with OpenGL renderer.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the wired xbox controller (XBCD) I'm using as a GC controller seems to be always pushing right on the left analog stick making games very hard to play. Infact on the GC controller settings the red dots on both sticks are far from the middle. This is not a problem on anything else.

Specs and build are in my profile, settings below.

[Image: vp8hJxK.png]
Check the box labelled Disable External Framebuffer. This will fix the low res and the green lines. Not sure what's happening with your wiimote, but hope you are able to find the fix soon.
You mean...XFB causes errors? :o
(06-28-2013, 10:00 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Check the box labelled Disable External Framebuffer. This will fix the low res and the green lines. Not sure what's happening with your wiimote, but hope you are able to find the fix soon.
Right. That was simpleBig Grin thank you! I am using the same dongle/wiimote I used before. I put the dongle in, hold 1+2 until the wiimote vibrates and the player1 led is lit. It works as to go past the safety instructions screen but after that it is not detected by the game, regardless of setting.

I forgot to mention that the wired xbox controller (XBCD) I'm using as a GC controller seems to be always pushing right on the left analog stick making games very hard to play. Infact on the GC controller settings the red dots on both sticks are far from the middle. This is not a problem on anything else.
(06-28-2013, 09:45 AM)Darius Freeman Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I forgot to mention that the wired xbox controller (XBCD) I'm using as a GC controller seems to be always pushing right on the left analog stick making games very hard to play. Infact on the GC controller settings the red dots on both sticks are far from the middle. This is not a problem on anything else.
I've got that issue too. Whenever I use my Xbox 360 controller it starts to ghost (if I'm emulating a GC controller that is or Wii classic controller), and it gets annoying. It isn't any issue with my controller, because I have absolutely no issues with ghosting aside from Dolphin.

The easiest solution is to set a dead zone:
[Image: NW6ObRz.png]

Anyway I have no idea why it does this in Dolphin, but at least I know it is not a problem on my end. Since you [and a few others I've read/heard about] are having almost the exact same problem I think it is safe to assume the emulator is at fault here.
(06-28-2013, 12:57 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway I have no idea why it does this in Dolphin, but at least I know it is not a problem on my end. Since you [and a few others I've read/heard about] are having almost the exact same problem I think it is safe to assume the emulator is at fault here.
Scootaloo! Scoot-Scootaloo!

Setting the deadzone seems to have stopped it from moving on its own at least, thanks. This was not a problem last time I used dolphin with the same controller and drivers so either it was introduced with a later build or something else is up.
Scootaloo: Your issue here is that you have "Down" set to Axis Y-+, where you should just have it set to Y+. Right-click it and remove that stray -, then make that ludicrously large deadzone smaller.
(06-30-2013, 01:18 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Scootaloo: Your issue here is that you have "Down" set to Axis Y-+, where you should just have it set to Y+. Right-click it and remove that stray -, then make that ludicrously large deadzone smaller.
Oh wow... I feel dumb. Thanks that is much better.
(06-30-2013, 01:18 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Scootaloo: Your issue here is that you have "Down" set to Axis Y-+, where you should just have it set to Y+. Right-click it and remove that stray -, then make that ludicrously large deadzone smaller.
How did it end up as -+ in the first place? Anyway thanks alot Big Grin
(06-30-2013, 01:06 PM)Darius Freeman Wrote: [ -> ]
How did it end up as -+ in the first place? Anyway thanks alot Big Grin
LOL. I'd like to know the same thing too.