Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

impingu1984

Hi,

I'm intending playing Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword at 1080p with a 3x native resolution with:

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
i5-3570k - (Currently stock but will be OC'ed to at least 4.2 I hope)
EVGA GTX 670 FTW Sig 2 -( Max boost is v.stable at 1296mhz)
12gb Ram Corsair 1600mhz
Samsung 840 SSD.
Running Win 7 x64

Will they run well (i.e with minimal slowdowns)?
What Graphics Backend is best? (For these games)
What Levels of AA and AF can be used without tanking performance?
Do I need a DSP dump or is performance of LLE ok currently without currently on latest development.
Any performance settings that help? (other the ones like EFB > RAM and other game specific ones listed in the game wiki?)

I'm looking for a good stable experience so (for example) 16xAF is too much I have no issue dropping it down, same with native res etc. I value a smooth experience over pushing things to the limit.
Quote:What Graphics Backend is best? (For these games)
Direct3D9
Quote:What Levels of AA and AF can be used without tanking performance?
Most GPU can max out AF (16x) , even Intel HD
Your GPU can handle 3x Internal Resolution + 4xSSAA ~ 6xIR (3840x3168)
Don't know about 4xIR + 4xSSAA ~ 8xIR , it might be too much for GTX 670 if you used 4xIR + 4XSSAA on a GPU intensive game such as Super Mario Galaxy
Please note : Direct3d11 MSAA is less demanding than Direct3D9 SSAA
4xMSAA is not the same as 4xSSAA
Quote:EFB -> RAM
Give you accurate graphic (almost) but it will kill performance (depending on the game)
Quote:Do I need a DSP dump or is performance of LLE ok currently without currently on latest development.
If you use old Dolphin version such as Dolphin 3.5 , you will have to dump LLE backend from your console
Latest Dolphin has LLE built in , you don't need to do that with latest one
LLE will give you accurate audio (almost) but it will kill performance (depending on the game)