Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Spec Question Concerning Xenoblade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Necrovex

Howdy everyone,

I have been trying to get Xenoblade working for my PC for the past year and a half. I always thought it might be my CPU being possibily outdated, but I always been too busy with other stuff to confirm this fact. I constantly get low game speed, a choppy framerate (but I have the PAL version of Xenoblade), and audio issues. My goal is to play Xenoblade with the HD texture with 1920 X 1080 resolution.

Anyway, I'm going to toss my specs up now. If it is the CPU, then I will at least know the source of the problem.

GTX 570

Six gigs of Ram

Window 7 64-bit

The exact title of my CPU: "Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor."
The i7-920 is a good over clocker. To run Xenoblade you will need to over clock.
PAL version ran full speed on my old E8500 once i passed 4Ghz

The 920 is faster pr MHz, so i guess 3.5Ghz should suffice.
Audio issues will go away once you reach full speed.

The GTX570 is enough. My old machine had a GTX285 which was enough for 4xIR.

Necrovex

(06-26-2013, 09:29 AM)cluthz Wrote: [ -> ]The i7-920 is a good over clocker. To run Xenoblade you will need to over clock.
PAL version ran full speed on my old E8500 once i passed 4Ghz

The 920 is faster pr MHz, so i guess 3.5Ghz should suffice.
Audio issues will go away once you reach full speed.

The GTX570 is enough. My old machine had a GTX285 which was enough for 4xIR.
I just wanted to thank you. After you told me it was my CPU that was having the problem, I decided it was time to overclock this CPU. A couple hours later, I have figured out the process of overclocking it, and Xenoblade is SO much smoother. I'm going to mess around with it a little more tomorrow, and try to get the HD asset up and running (along with optimal setting). But without your answer, I wouldn't have finally fixed this problem! I've been trying to Xenoblade to work on my PC for the past year and a half. Thank you so much!
Don't forget to get an aftermarket cooler.