Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my system run Wii Sports and Wii/Mario Kart? (CPUz/GPUz images)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

SweetBearCub

I'm considering installing the Dolphin emulator and buying a couple of Wiimotes, a BT dongle, and a sensor bar, but don't want to go through this trouble if my system does not have the horsepower to handle the games that I know I will want to play. For now, those are Wii Sports and Wii/Mario Kart.

CPUz and GPUz screenshots are attached. In preview mode, the attachments showed as broken links, so here are the actual links:

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/1994/lq13.png (GPUz)
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7681/7ea.png (CPUz)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz
HIS AMD Radeon HD 7750
8 GB of DDR2 (4-4-4-12 timings)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Nothing overclocked

Thanks!

[attachment=9398]

[attachment=9399]
Buy aftermarket cooler (if you don't have one) and then overclock your CPU to 3.2GHz (3.4GHz if possible)
Even a Core i7 @ 2.4GHz is slow for Mario Kart

SweetBearCub

(06-22-2013, 02:24 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy aftermarket cooler (if you don't have one) and then overclock your CPU to 3.2GHz (3.4GHz if possible)
Thanks. I'm currently running the stock HS&F, and would like to get a better aftermarket one, but I am not sure which one to choose, nor am I sure how to install it properly without possibly breaking something, since I have never played with an LGA775 heatsink. Still, opinions are welcomed. :-)

I have the G0 stepping, which if memory serves, is a 95W TDP part.

With overclocking, do you think I could get enough out of it to play Mario Kart at a playable (non-stuttering/not slow motion) framerate, with good audio?
(06-22-2013, 03:10 PM)SweetBearCub Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 02:24 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy aftermarket cooler (if you don't have one) and then overclock your CPU to 3.2GHz (3.4GHz if possible)
Thanks. I'm currently running the stock HS&F, and would like to get a better aftermarket one, but I am not sure which one to choose, nor am I sure how to install it properly without possibly breaking something, since I have never played with an LGA775 heatsink. Still, opinions are welcomed. :-)

With overclocking, do you think I could get enough out of it to play Mario Kart at a playable (non-stuttering/not slow motion) framerate, with good audio?
depends on which mario kart.

mario kart Wii? probably not 100% but itll be playable if you get a decent overclock on. Gamecube version likely.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is cheap , it fits most CPU sockets on the market
For Mario Kart Wii , just use Direct3D11 and Dolphin 3.5
Edit : Btw , make sure your motherboard support overclocking (OEM mobo from OEM PC does not)
Edit 2 : Do not use high Vcore ( higher than 1.35V) or it might damage your PC

SweetBearCub

(06-22-2013, 03:34 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is cheap , it fits most CPU sockets on the market
For Mario Kart Wii , just use Direct3D11 and Dolphin 3.5
Edit : Btw , make sure your motherboard support overclocking (OEM mobo from OEM PC does not)
Edit 2 : Do not use high Vcore ( higher than 1.35V) or it might damage your PC
Is this the cooler you are referring to? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835103099
It does not appear to be compatible with the LGA775 socket.

I run an MSI P7N-SLI motherboard, not an OEM board.

(06-22-2013, 03:22 PM)Venomx1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 03:10 PM)SweetBearCub Wrote: [ -> ]

mario kart Wii? probably not 100% but itll be playable if you get a decent overclock on. Gamecube version likely.
I was hoping for the Wii version of Mario Kart. :-(
Quote:It does not appear to be compatible with the LGA775 socket.
It does . Newegg not include that info because 775 socket is dead

Edit : Just take a look at your mobo . It has huge heatsink . To be honest , I don't know if the aftermarket cooler fit or not
[Image: msi_p7n-sli-platinum.jpg]
(06-22-2013, 04:00 PM)SweetBearCub Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 03:22 PM)Venomx1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 03:10 PM)SweetBearCub Wrote: [ -> ]With overclocking, do you think I could get enough out of it to play Mario Kart at a playable (non-stuttering/not slow motion) framerate, with good audio?

I was hoping for the Wii version of Mario Kart. :-(

Actually Wii version isn't really much more demanding than GC version. But both are pretty demanding.
So both games will be playable but probably not full-speed. Above all if you use LLE to get a good sound
The Wii version is actually somewhat GPU intensive whereas Double Dash really isn't, especially at higher resolutions. At least that's what I found to be true. Anyway, for the OP it won't matter as much as the CPU requirements. Both can get pretty demanding as you add more human-controlled characters.

SweetBearCub

(06-22-2013, 04:34 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It does not appear to be compatible with the LGA775 socket.
It does . Newegg not include that info because 775 socket is dead

Edit : Just take a look at your mobo . It has huge heatsink . To be honest , I don't know if the aftermarket cooler fit or not
[Image: msi_p7n-sli-platinum.jpg]
I'm also not sure if it will fit. Do you have any other suggestions for a smaller but still effective cooler?
Pages: 1 2