Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to make sound less choppy, with LLE.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HLE seems less choppy, but cutscenes are out of synch with it. LLE fixes the synch, but sounds choppy. Could it be my computers fault. I have an Nvidia card and an I5 processor, so it's weird that it's acting funny.
tapirtoon Wrote:Could it be my computers fault.

That's usually how it is with choppy audio, unless you're referring to the static that happens (HLE and LLE audio) after 90+ minutes of gameplay.

tapirtoon Wrote:I have an Nvidia card and an I5 processor

Unfortunately, that tells us very little. There are lots of Nvidia GPUs and lots of Intel processors that fall under the i5 category. It would be helpful if you could name specific models.

tapirtoon Wrote:so it's weird that it's acting funny

Not at all. LLE audio has always been choppy if you can't reach fullspeed in a game. You can try the VBeam Trick, but it won't work all the time for everybody. The trick consists of the following settings (VBeam Speed Hack in the latest revisions is Accurate VBeam Emulation in older revisions, right-click a game and go to Properties):

1) Enable "VBeam Speed Hack", Enable "Enable Idle Skipping" or
2) Enable "VBeam Speed Hack", Disable "Enable Idle Skipping" or
3) Disable "VBeam Speed Hack", Disable "Enable Idle Skipping"
disable idle skipping

use xaudio2 setting
(06-21-2013, 05:18 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
' Wrote:Could it be my computers fault.

That's usually how it is with choppy audio, unless you're referring to the static that happens (HLE and LLE audio) after 90+ minutes of gameplay.

' Wrote:Snip
Wait, someone else actually knows about that issue?! Lol, I tryed asking Delroth about that a long time ago, but he must have not noticed my post, what causes that?

Anyways, yeah, we need the specific Specs (and maybe the games hes trying to play also lol?)
@ThoriantheUltimate - It's a somewhat well-known issue. Last time I checked, skid was looking into it, but I don't think anything concrete has been fixed yet.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-audio-glitch
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-au...rs-of-play

Best work around is to make a save ("real" save recommended, save states can work however), hit the Stop button, hit the Start button and continue playing. Unless your play sessions are usually greater than 3 hours, you won't have to do this more than once in a single sitting.