Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best OS for dolhpin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok i was thinking which is the best OS for dolphin so pos your opinions
windows xp
windows vista
windows 7
Linux Ubuntu or any other revision or Linux please give you opinion based on actual facts
windows 7
it only uses processes that you need and easy to work
i used win vista 64bit and now with seven i have +10fps than with vista
That's because despite Vista being alot better then release, it's still slower than XP by a decent margin.

I read Windows 7's current release is as fast, if not a little faster, than XP. They're comparable though, that's what most sites say.
(07-26-2009, 07:51 AM)ssbbtriforce Wrote: [ -> ]windows 7
it only uses processes that you need and easy to work
i used win vista 64bit and now with seven i have +10fps than with vista

Windows 7 is not faster than xp... it is faster than vista in this sense because it uses less resources but xp uses a lot less than 7
what?
no no no
seven is better than xp 1000000 times
less crashes and more drivers compability
...lol

Driver compatibility is better than XP? More stable too?

Listen, Windows 7 is shaping up to be good, but those are lies...right now. Sure, in several years, that may be the case, but not right now.
if windows7=vista, then it is not faster.
(07-26-2009, 08:54 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]if windows7=vista, than it is not faster.

Nah its different, xp is still top dog in terms of speed. however its compatability issues in the future will make for an interesting show with all the xp people going OMFG WTF VISTA AND 7 R SUXOR I HATE U I LIKE XP GIMME BACK XP 4 WIN Tongue
in after fanboys
Why does Windows 7 look good?
Because every new release is compared to the previous one.
Would Windows 7 still be that great had Vista never seen the light?
I'm not saying it wouldn't, but there wouldn't have been so much expectation for the new OS.

In terms of speed, Vista and 7 need at least 8 cores and so in order to start outperforming XP, as well as +4gb ram.
If only server licences didn't cost a kidney...
(07-26-2009, 07:49 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]ok i was thinking which is the best OS for dolphin so pos your opinions
windows xp

windows vista
windows 7
Linux Ubunu or aany other revision or Linux please give you opinion based on actual facts

as you can see here this is a thread to say what os is better for dolphin not to say which is better alone

it work like this if you have play dolphin in two diferent os you tell which one is better not all of this you have post here i bet most of you dont really read
Pages: 1 2