Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error when starting Dolphin HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bogmx

I have XP Professional, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT, AMD Althon™ XP 2400+ 2GHz , and 1,5gb RAM and when I try to run Dolphin it gets me the typical Error-> Send.. Don´t Send... and i can´t run the emulator. I´ve installed the correct DirectX and still not working...

Plz help!! If you have any tutorial plz post it.

Huh
Your processor and your video card sucks, you won't be able to use Dolphin at all. Even if you could boot any games, expect them to run no faster than a complete slideshow.

The Athlon XP lacks the SSE2 instruction set which is a hardware feature, and the FX line of Geforce cards lack OpenGL 2.x and proper shader model 2.0 support. Both are essential hardware features required to even boot games in Dolphin, you still need hardware that is powerful enough to garner decent performance with games in Dolphin.

Stick to playing on your Gamecube/Wii or be prepared to fork over some cash for a rather expensive upgrade to play games on Dolphin with somewhat decent performance.

In the end sticking to your Gamecube/Wii would be the cheaper option, since you would need to buy or build an entirely new system.

Also learn to read moar, the is a sticky that clearly states the minimum requirements and mention that the Athlon XP and FX line of cards are not supported in Dolphin. Wink
the problem is your computer sucks. You need opengl 2.1 and sse2 on your cpu.

Bogmx

(07-26-2009, 08:23 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Your processor and your video card sucks, you won't be able to use Dolphin at all. Even if you could boot any games, expect them to run no faster than a complete slideshow.

The Athlon XP lacks the SSE2 instruction set which is a hardware feature, and the FX line of Geforce cards lack OpenGL 2.x and proper shader model 2.0 support. Both are essential hardware features required to even boot games in Dolphin, you still need hardware that is powerful enough to garner decent performance with games in Dolphin.

Stick to playing on your Gamecube/Wii or be prepared to fork over some cash for a rather expensive upgrade to play games on Dolphin with somewhat decent performance.

In the end sticking to your Gamecube/Wii would be the cheaper option, since you would need to buy or build an entirely new system.

Also learn to read moar, the is a sticky that clearly states the minimum requirements and mention that the Athlon XP and FX line of cards are not supported in Dolphin. Wink

Ok thank´s. Anyway im getting a new computer next week. But I still think that even if the computer sucks that shouldn´t be a problem to start the emulator because the emulator is not using any graphics it´s just a software like a normal computer program ¿ isn´t it ? The problem should appear when i start a game with the emulator then i should get an error... and that in case if I run a Wii game like SSBB but if I run a game cube game.
it's using extensions of the cpu, such as sse2.