Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP Dump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jcreations

I was curious... When I looked in the /User/Dump folder, I saw another folder called DSP in there. I couldn't find a setting, but is it possible to dump game DSP (individual sound files) instead of a constant stream of audio (Audio Dump)? If not, could someone explain what this folder is for? I have been trying to look at the individual sound effects for a certain game (for only legal purposes), but I cannot seem to do it with an external program at this point.

Thanks!
Nope. The DSP does not have a notion of "individual sound files". AX UCodes kind of have a notion of audio streams, but on most GC games that would only give you some kind of audio bank with all possible used instrument samples (midi-style). Haven't ever tried dumping AX audio streams, not sure if the result would be interesting.
This folder is full of DSP ucodes (programs that run on the DSP; most games use slightly-different versions of the same three major ucodes) that are sent to the DSP when using LLE. "Game DSP" ain't a thing, the proper term is "game audio files" and there's no way to dump those that'd work for every game.
https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6371

It's working pretty well on some games I've tested, on others it basically dumps the audio bank, sometimes with duplicates because there is a little software mixing as well.
That was fairly quick. Looks interesting, especially this part:

delroth Wrote:Might leak RAM and eat your babies.

I might test this out myself. Which games have you tested, if I may ask?
Baten Kaitos works pretty well because it uses mostly long audio streams for musics instead of sequenced music. Tales of Symphonia works pretty badly because of the sequenced music (prepare yourself for >9000 dumped files), can't test Wii games because of bluetooth related crashes (with emulated wiimote... wtf).

FWIW, this is a prototype and I'm not really interested in improving it. It was mostly because I wanted to test how well this very simple approach would work.

jcreations

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll have to look at the patch