Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Harry Potter 3 slow motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, someone can help me?
I'm trying to make work Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (GC) but the game run is in "slow motion" (above 24-30 fps). I have read in the forum that the game has been fixed but i can't make it work properly. Someone can help me? I'm using the last version of Dolphin.
Thanks and sorry for the bad english, i'm italian Smile
If I recall correctly, this is a demanding game to play (as are all the Harry Potter games?) so you're CPU probably isn't fast enough to run this game fullspeed. You'd most likely need a CPU that you can overclock (i5-3570K, i5-4670K).

There may be something you can do to get your FPS up a little via the settings, but there are no magical settings that can make demanding games work on your hardware. Post your settings as screenshots, and we'll tell you what you should change (if anything needs to be changed).

Btw, your English is fine Wink
(06-15-2013, 04:02 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, this is a demanding game to play (as are all the Harry Potter games?)

This. Harry Potter series is very demanding.

(06-15-2013, 04:02 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]so you're CPU probably isn't fast enough to run this game fullspeed. You'd most likely need a CPU that you can overclock (i5-3570K, i5-4670K).

And this again Big Grin .

@Giack93: Your CPU is a bit weak for this game. Try to overclock (you can reach 3.7-3.8GHz)
(06-15-2013, 04:02 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, this is a demanding game to play (as are all the Harry Potter games?) so you're CPU probably isn't fast enough to run this game fullspeed. You'd most likely need a CPU that you can overclock (i5-3570K, i5-4670K).

There may be something you can do to get your FPS up a little via the settings, but there are no magical settings that can make demanding games work on your hardware. Post your settings as screenshots, and we'll tell you what you should change (if anything needs to be changed).

Btw, your English is fine Wink
Thanks for the fast reply Smile
My system is pretty fine (i5 2400 3.19 Ghz, 8 gb of ram and a Nvidia gtx 570) i can run most games at full speed like the previous harry potter Smile
I post the setting screenshoot. Thanks Big Grin
(06-15-2013, 03:32 AM)Giack93 Wrote: [ -> ]I have read in the forum that the game has been fixed but i can't make it work properly.

The game used to not work at all, which means it is fixed. The issue of speed is with your hardware, as explained already.
I don't remember if MMU is still needed. If it's still the case try to use MMU Speed Hack:
[attachment=9375]
Proper MMU is not needed and will slow the game down a lot.

Clear or gray out the "Enable MMU" option and put a checkmark inside MMU Speed Hack.

The game is still quite slow but it will be much faster than how you had it before.