Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Party (GC) and LLE sound...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, been using dolphin long time, but never player for more than an hour or so.

Because of know problems with mario party (4, 5, 6 or 7) losing sound, I need to use LLE audio to have proper sound.

The problem is... after playing an hour and a half or more... sound starts to become distorted or stuttered. No drops on fps or anything, just the sound becomes bad. Restarting emu solves the problem and you can play another hour or so without problems. Buffer overflow?

What could be happening? In the first hour of playing, LLE sound is perfect, no skip, no stuttter, no distortion.

Tested almost every build since 3.5... and all do the same thing.
(06-15-2013, 02:29 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, been using dolphin long time, but never player for more tan an hour or so.
Because of know problems with mario party (4, 5, 6 or 7) losing sound, I need to use LLE audio to have proper sound.
The problem is... after playing an hour and a half or more... sound starts to become distorted or stuttered. Restarting emu solves the problem.
What could be happening? In the first hour of playing LLE sound is perfect, no skip, no stuttter, no distortion.
Tested almost every build since 3.5... and all do the same thing.
Losing sound?
In the latest versions of Dolphin the sound is perfect with HLE - except that it's a little scratchy if sound-effects of the same sort are played back multiple times at the same time (like when you get many coins at once)
That's a bug of the new Ax-Hle which appears in several games, but I've been told they are working on it ..

I'm using r3.5-1344 for Mario Party 4-7
Are you using the PAL version?
trihy Wrote:The problem is... after playing an hour and a half or more... sound starts to become distorted or stuttered. No drops on fps or anything, just the sound becomes bad. Restarting emu solves the problem and you can play another hour or so without problems. Buffer overflow?

What could be happening? In the first hour of playing, LLE sound is perfect, no skip, no stuttter, no distortion.

This is a known issue. Audio on both HLE and LLE begins to sound "scratchy", stuttering, or static-like. 90 minutes seems to be the general time frame for this problem to show up. There's really nothing to be done atm. As you've found out, restarting Dolphin resets the audio quality as well. The quickest solution is to just make a save state, hit the Stop button, hit the Start button, then load up the save state, although in-game saving is preferable due to its stability. The whole process takes less than 10 seconds, and you won't have to do it all that often (e.g, you'd have to play 3+ hours to have to do this more than once).
Yes, Im using the pal versión.

I guess I´ll try hle in the meantime. Last time I´d used hle, after some time playing, bgm music stops playing, and only fx´s continues working (on mario party)

That was most pronounced on mario party 6. After 10 minutes or less, bgm quits playing. Tested many builds, but I´ll give it a try to the one you are using.

On the other side, not sure if it´s a know LLE problem or it´s something with my hardware.

@shonumi. didnt see your post. Nice to know that it´s a know problem Smile

I´ll see which workarounds works bettter
The reason why I'm asking you this is because Dolphin has problems with many PAL games ..
I defenetly played longer than 90 minutes without having Audio glitches ..
I let the CPU run Mario Party 6 for 2 games á 20 turns ..
For example I bought Kirby's Return to Dreamland here in Germany as the PAL version ..
If you set Dolphin to run the game with 60Hz you will notice that the framerate is very jumpy ..
But Dolphin's frame-counter does not detect these frame-jumps, it always shows me 60fps ..
So I bought the NTSC version and it runs perfect .. Also the Audio got messed up after a while ..

Besides, if you want Mario Party 6 to run in 60Hz mode use this code:

3ZDD-J2N6-QEHFH

PC43-KB32-HEFKZ

And here is a proper way to run the game in widescreen:

F43D-6RAK-1M4ME

4GYX-MCME-P45X8

(It only hacks the game to widescreen on the boards, while if you would use the regular widescreen hack of Dolphin, it would also hack the lobby and minigames what is causing glitches - also things out of the 4:3 aspect will disappear once they are outside of it ..)
________
If you want these codes for the other Mario Partys or other GCN games just pn me Smile
Ohh.. great codes to try Smile

There are more codes for the mario party series?

Im not very familiar with using codes, but I´ll give it a try. I guess I have to put them under patches...

Thanks Big Grin
You put them under the AR codes (should be another tab) not Patches. You can manually add AR codes into Dolphin. See the sticky in Support about cheats if you're interested.

EDIT: nvm, there isn't a sticky, my bad :p It should be pretty straightforward to add cheat though, ask us if you have any issues.
Thanks! Under AR codes, got it Big Grin

Top notch emu... didnt expect top notch support for newbies.. but I was wrong Smile
Here trihy,

some codes for all GCN-Mario Partys Smile

Mario Party 4:

Enable 60Hz Mode
G1E6-CGXD-0Z6XC
JDH2-CV9M-98TQM

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen)
Y2QY-BQ8P-YYZHN
ANKE-3WYP-1WGZ4
Z4KZ-EMEF-4PQQX
F9WV-XPN5-C0PC6
4P70-U081-5YR2T
5HHT-A5FY-FD9J3
W4DG-CC18-41AC5
87DX-GDD2-7N5E9
6RA5-51DC-5JWG9

Get 20 Coins On Blue Spaces
C6B0-1P0B-M7B7P
090Q-7HYZ-DXNVQ
77V4-1UHP-XQGPM

Lose 20 Coins On Red Spaces
KJF9-TU50-UCZYN
7HP8-D2K1-834JB
X2BT-VEBN-GTRC6

Mario Party 5:

Enable 60Hz Mode
6JJQ-7JPK-T5MQ9
ZD19-W1ZE-RABXC

H9EU-AA5M-YATWR
RM46-U5RE-T9T26
6QQT-ARWX-WNU38
MU4P-QWWE-X8ENW
BA22-QF2H-RAYYF
13AM-AHDG-H64N2
YNUJ-XKHJ-Z5D5K
UJY6-PW45-84P91
13DH-35A6-WP3YF
YUTF-EKKE-5WJAZ
F5K3-JNE8-ZD8Z3
D43M-TBGN-9P97R
Z7FV-HMDX-X0V4F

MEG6-R6MD-VNCPP
25YH-HFZZ-UGX4C

V84J-YQGG-2E56M
KH16-4AVJ-E3YXY

Mario Party 6:

Enable 60Hz Mode
3ZDD-J2N6-QEHFH
PC43-KB32-HEFKZ

F43D-6RAK-1M4ME
4GYX-MCME-P45X8

FJPB-R4U0-MAQDP
1JQ0-0JQF-4B148

KDPP-0NUT-YDC9M
A5F6-TRET-HA2XC

Mario Party 7:

Enable 60Hz Mode
8DKR-52F9-A2F4R
WE86-P67K-CPGJ0

YAUQ-0TJJ-J33ZZ
AXF3-4ZJ0-35BJZ

8WE7-EKYG-QC4WU
28FC-H35E-D0EBV
W2DC-WT70-DV8B7

WT8M-RM36-UK3EV
MK9Y-U4D7-Y2QDZ
GJ8T-9UJ5-TFPA9
Ohh thanks for that codes! Smile Smile Smile Smile

i just love mario party series Big Grin

Ill test many of them (already tried 60hz and works perfect) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Only not working is mp4 60hz mode. But maybe its just me.

Do you guys knows any trick to make mp8 look little better. on 16.9 you have that stupid and ugly borders on sides.
Pages: 1 2