Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Should my laptop be running this slowly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jldstuff393

This is one of my first forum posts so forgive me for bad etiquette.

I have a 2nd gen i7 processor and a Radeon HD 6490M GPU but most games are too slow to be playable. I would imagine my hardware should be decent enough, am I wrong?
My graphics card is not showing up in the adapter drop-down box--only the intel graphics family... could that be causing the bad performance?

Any info is appreciated.
John
Which games? How slow?
And which i7 processor is it exactly?
His profile says it's an i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Yep Tongue . So that probably explains this:
(06-14-2013, 06:13 AM)jldstuff393 Wrote: [ -> ]most games are too slow to be playable

jldstuff393

(06-14-2013, 06:16 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Which games? How slow?
Mario Kart Wii runs well, New Super Mario Bros. runs decently, mario galaxy 2 is unplayable -- going between 60% and 75% speed, Okami runs at around 85% speed and freezes occasionally.

(06-14-2013, 07:07 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Yep Tongue . So that probably explains this:
(06-14-2013, 06:13 AM)jldstuff393 Wrote: [ -> ]most games are too slow to be playable
so you're saying the processor is the bottleneck, not the gpu?
jldstuff393 Wrote:Mario Kart Wii runs well, New Super Mario Bros. runs decently, mario galaxy 2 is unplayable -- going between 60% and 75% speed, Okami runs at around 85% speed and freezes occasionally.

That's completely normal for your hardware.

jldstuff393 Wrote:so you're saying the processor is the bottleneck, not the gpu?

Yes that's what he was implying.

jldstuff393

Sad That's disappointing but thanks for your help. I read on another thread that even though the adapter drop-down only shows intel graphics as an option, it still sees and uses the dedicated graphics card. Can someone confirm that? It seems kinda weird to me.
Mario Galaxy require i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Your i7 is too weak for that game
If Dolphiin used Intel GPU , MK Wii and NSMB would be unplayable

jldstuff393

got it, thanks everyone! Smile