Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question: Newer Super Mario Bros Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I'd like to play "Newer Super Mario Bros Wii"
It's a fan-made version of the regular NSMBW
To play it I'd have to do it like this:

http://www.newerteam.com/help/ihashomebrew.html

I don't know how Wads and a SD-card works with Dolphin :/
Could someone please read this quick installation guide and tell me how I can do this with Dolphin?
I think either vastly-improved Wii IOS HLE (or just IOS LLE) or tacked-on Riivolution support is necessary for this to work. (No, IOS LLE ≠ DSP LLE. The DSP is totally irrelevant here.) As far as I can tell, neither the installer for the Homebrew Channel nor Riivolution are usable in Dolphin, they just crash in my short tests.

I can tell you that one of the other hitches, getting the files onto the SD card, is easily solvable – if you rename sd.raw to sd.img, you can mount it with DaemonTools or whatever horseshit you Windows users have to deal with (while OS X/Linux users either just double-click the damn thing or mount it via the good ol' CLI).
Oh man ..

I think in this case I have to do the hard work and replace all the files with the original ISO .. -___-
It's perfectly reasonable to want to avoid legal issues, but can't they make an exception for us fuckasses who insist on using Dolphin and provide instructions on how to slap the mod into the .iso? v_v
(06-13-2013, 05:01 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]It's perfectly reasonable to want to avoid legal issues, but can't they make an exception for us fuckasses who insist on using Dolphin and provide instructions on how to slap the mod into the .iso? v_v
ISO is apparently out, and seems to be working fine on Dolphin.
Appeared ISO and WBFS, yes.
We'll see, I hope it will work...
Info:

Just to tell you that works perfectly.
And downloading these patched ISOs is completely illegal. Closing the thread, normally I should also ban you for that.