Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this PC build overkill for what I want?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rich2k4

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/14jyk

I want to build a machine that will be connected to my TV and be running at 1080p

It will act as sort of a Gaming/HTPC blend. I will be using it for emulators probably 90% of the time (will be running Hyperspin). And while I'm not a modern PC gamer, I will be using Steam from time to time for PC exclusives. Plus HTPC functionality like watching movies, streaming, etc

With that said, I want Dolphin to be able to run the majority of games at full speed, with 4x internal resolution, and max filter settings. For both Gamecube and Wii.

Something tells me that the build I have above might be overkill, but I'd also like to future proof myself in case i ever want to use this build as my main computer.

Or I can get something like a Alienware X51, which is small, and would probably do what I want.

Not sure where to go, so I'm looking for opinions.
You should swap i7 to i5 4670k since Dolphin doesn't care about Hyperthreading anyway
Then go all out with graphic card (EVGA ACX cooling GTX 770)
Swap your PSU to Seasonic S12II 620W Japanese Caps
(06-10-2013, 01:19 AM)rich2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]I want Dolphin to be able to run the majority of games at full speed, with 4x internal resolution, and max filter settings. For both Gamecube and Wii.

If you want this then it won't be overkill Big Grin
(06-10-2013, 01:19 AM)rich2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]Or I can get something like a Alienware X51, which is small, and would probably do what I want.
Whereas this won't be enough to emulate anything.