Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: noise and broken sound when play emulator for long time???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i play game for long time sudden static and noise and broken sound emulator in gameplay

i use default DSP HLE

emulator sound problem please fix static noise when play long time

thank you very much
This is a known issue and it's currently being looked into. There are somethings you can try in the meantime.

In the latest development builds, try using OpenAL as the audio backend; increase the latency as needed.

When you get the static in your audio, make a save, hit the Stop button in Dolphin, then hit the Play button and resume your game. Restarting the game seems to clear the audio perfectly. You should preferably use in-game saves (e.g. save as if you were playing on a real console), but save states may work as well. If you do use save states, the whole process literally takes less than 10 seconds and it will not interfere with your gameplay, and you won't experience it for a long time (generally ~90 minutes). If you have to do this more than once during a play session (2-3 hours without a break) you're probably gaming too much, and that's not healthy.

Also, just try waiting. For me it goes away around 10~25 minutes. Hold the Tab key for a bit, and sound should return to normal, although this is a temporary fix (30 seconds to 1 minute usually).