Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error when starting SMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've been trying to play Super Mario Galaxy on my dad's PC:
2GHz Core 2 Duo with Vpro
6GB DDR2(of which 3 can be accessed, 32 bit Windows)
Point of View 9400GT 1GB
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit

When loading the game in R3661, I first get this message:
[Image: 10o2qah.jpg]
I don't understand how this could happen, because all other programs were closed, and according to Task Manager only 250MB was used.
After that I got the classic Windows error(Send/Don't send) and it closed

I've played Zelda WW a few months ago on it, and it worked perfect at full speed. Mario Kart Wii worked too, but a bit slower. I currently don't have these games, I'll test if they error too ASAP.

This is the error log:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x0061B629 : ?
Dolphin!0x0061B696 : ?
Dolphin!0x0048DE48 : ?

After googling it I found some other people had the same error code with other games, and found the solution of disabling Dualcore, which didn't help for me.

Suggestions, anyone?

fortunatemend

Have you tried a clean boot so as to be absolutely sure that it's not anything else?
(07-25-2009, 07:08 PM)fortunatemend Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a clean boot so as to be absolutely sure that it's not anything else?

Rebooted you mean, or a clean Windows reinstall? Well, I rebooted and it didn't help. Also tried disabling the AV(NOD32) but no difference.

fortunatemend

(07-25-2009, 07:13 PM)Dinnes Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 07:08 PM)fortunatemend Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a clean boot so as to be absolutely sure that it's not anything else?

Rebooted you mean, or a clean Windows reinstall? Well, I rebooted and it didn't help. Also tried disabling the AV(NOD32) but no difference.

A clean boot is a reboot with minimal services and processes running at startup. This means that it might fix your problem, it might do nothing, or it might be a completely idiotic idea if there are startup services that Dolphin needs that will get closed out. Whichever way, it's worth a try, because you can rule out the 'Kaspersky theory'.

Start > Run > msconfig brings up the System Configuration Utility.
On the General tab, check Selective Startup.
Uncheck the SYSTEM.ini, WIN.ini, and Load Startup Items fields. Make sure you leave "Load System Services" and "Use Original BOOT.ini" checked.

Then, go to the Services tab, and check the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox at the bottom, then click Disable All.

As soon as you hit OK or Apply, you'll be prompted to restart, which you should do. An msconfig box should pop up; just hit the checkbox that tells it to shut up, and click OK. First thing after that, run Dolphin and load something in it.

If it's the same error message, then you've ruled out the possibility that another program is responsible.

If it's a different error message, then it's possible that you fixed the contiguous memory program, but you might need to enable the right service to start up (seeing as you nuked the non-required services for the clean boot). Look in the Services tab in msconfig (this might take time, but it shouldn't be too hard - just look carefully at the names and paths) and add them one at a time or one by one to see if it fixes anything. I'm taking a blind stab at this Services thing, as I haven't been on Windows in a year, but only give it a try if you get a DIFFERENT error message than RAM one.

Also, once you don't need or want to clean boot, go back into msconfig and select "Normal Startup".
Do you have an ati card? If so you have to downgrade to catalyst 9.3 because the higher versions have a memory leak. I believe that is your problem
Do you have Kaspersky or any other anti-virus installed that may interfere? If so you may need to uninstall them, simply disabling them is known not to work.

Also boot the games from the games list instead of clicking "Open" and selecting your game.

fortunatemend

Any news?