Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows vs OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys. I was just wondering.

What do you use to play dolphin?

Mac OSX? or Windows 7/Vista/XP/8 or both?

Just a general consensus on the majority of users of a specific operating system. Smile
Windows because DX :3
That ^^
The poll options:

Mac OSX (State in the comments which version) - Mac OSX users run into too many problems. I see Mac OSX users as the real fanboys, because no matter how many issues they run into and no matter how many people tell them that their machine is not the best for this emulator, they choose to not listen and continue to buy those overpriced machines anyway.

Windows (XP? Vista? 7?) - Windows 7. Generally known as the best Windows Operating System to date.

Both because I'm not fanboy - You don't need to be a fanboy to like Windows, you just need to know that a computer that runs Windows, runs Dolphin better than any other. There is no need to buy a machine with an OS that costs more and does things worse.
I still don't have my own Windows setup on my desktop (need it for cross-platform development) but when I do, it's going to be Windows 7. When we get a new shared family computer, I'm going to install Windows 7. For what I do, I choose Linux, but for Windows, it's no contest against 7. Having never used OS X, I can't speak against it based on experience, but having been here on the forums, it is clear OS X can be hit or miss with a number of issues sometimes.
The poll options:

(Mac OSX (State in the comments which version) - Mac OSX users run into too many problems. I see Mac OSX users as the real fanboys, because no matter how many issues they run into and no matter how many people tell them that their machine is not the best for this emulator, they choose to not listen and continue to buy those overpriced machines anyway.

Windows (XP? Vista? 7?) - Windows 7. Generally known as the best Windows Operating System to date.

Both because I'm not fanboy - You don't need to be a fanboy to like Windows, you just need to know that a computer that runs Windows, runs Dolphin better than any other. There is no need to buy a machine with an OS that costs more and does things worse.)

No offence but your comments kind of imply your a fan boy.
It's rather bold statment saying despite the problems with dolpfin they still use it because their fanboys.
For one out side of dolpfin windows has far more problems and features their customer get angry with. Windows 7 would be the best windows but considering the overall opinion of vista and windows 8 i dont blame people. Plus I can't speak for all Mac OS users but installing dolpfin and getting the new wii remote plus working was flawless in osx but I had issues syncing the remote in windows. I'm sure there is a work around for this but dolpfin runs good enough in osx on my computer so why bother figuring out the remote sync issue
In windows. Don't believe that makes me a fan boy. Sure I use osx as my main but I do use windows and Ubuntu here and their. And one of these days I try dolpfin in Ubunto but call me a fan boy I guess but I like unix based os's far better then windows because of there overall efficiency compared to windows.
(06-07-2013, 06:51 AM)Arith Wrote: [ -> ]What do you use to play dolphin?

Mac OSX? or Windows 7/Vista/XP/8 or both?

Mac OSX is not the best deal to play Dolphin. Use BootCamp (and Win7).

EDIT: Who said Linux? Tongue
Just curious how does this emulator run in Linux ( Ubuntu )?
Pretty well. You don't have as many options as windows due to the lack of d3d9/d3d11/xaudio2 etc. but other than that it performs just as good as windows and is just as compatible/stable.
Ok thanks. Think I will try it been looking for reason to get into Ubuntu more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4