Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best CPU cooler to use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I asked this once before last year, (before deciding to wait for Haswell...which seems to be a bit of a disappointment derp) thought I would again just in case anything has changed.
IIRC I got recommended Noctua DH-14 or something, not sure.
Heat is a major problem where I live, therefore having the best possible cooling solution would be great, air based if possible.
(06-03-2013, 01:50 AM)eclipsezeromh Wrote: [ -> ]I asked this once before last year, (before deciding to wait for Haswell...which seems to be a bit of a disappointment derp) thought I would again just in case anything has changed.
IIRC I got recommended Noctua DH-14 or something, not sure.
Heat is a major problem where I live, therefore having the best possible cooling solution would be great, air based if possible.
Yep go for the Noctua. Fairly old but it still is one of the best air coolers out there.
Also I recommend a wide case, otherwise the NH-D14 won't fit Big Grin
(06-03-2013, 01:59 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

This ^^ is definitely the best cooler if you want < $50
Corsair H110i if you can afford it and have the space for water cooling.

The Noctua NH-D14 is still the best pure air cooler (HSF).
(06-03-2013, 01:50 AM)eclipsezeromh Wrote: [ -> ]I asked this once before last year, (before deciding to wait for Haswell...which seems to be a bit of a disappointment derp)

If you're upgrading from a sandybridge, it's still a pretty sweet leap.
I bought the Corsair H100 and never looked back. Temps at 4.5 never go above 65....ever.

A little more pricey than air, but if you are going to expect a decent overclock on Ivy (or presumably Haswell) then you may want to consider water.