Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of zelda wind waker black screen freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. This is what happend: I was completing forsaken fortress and just got the sword back and i beat the little mobin guy but when i entered the door it was black screen Sigh...(im bad at sneaking so this took me ages) after finnaly getting up again because i had to do everything over the black screen wasn't here anymore YAY! But it froze right after you see the king of read lions next to you (no time to save) i gave up and went on the forums. the problem is it doesn't freeze at a certain point it just freezes whenever it feels like it,

Here are my settings:

General Settings in Dolphin
Backend: OpenGL
Fullscreen Resolution: 1440x900
Aspect Ratio: stretch to window

Enhancements Settings in Dolphin

internal resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
anti-aliasing: none
anisotropic filtering: 16x
post-processing effect: bad_bloom
scaled EFB copy

Audio settings
DSP HLE emulation (fast)
audio backed: DSound

Can anyone help me? i love this game T.T
Quote:Dolphin-win-x64-v3.5-367 (latest)

This isn't the latest build. You'll find latest ones here. You can try that
I guess it isn't a good sign when it immediately has a black screen when i choose my savegame?
(06-02-2013, 10:37 PM)daanvandam Wrote: [ -> ]Audio settings
DSP HLE emulation (fast)
That's your problem. Use LLE Recompiler without "LLE on Thread"/"DSP on Dedicated Thread" checked to fix this.
I checked the lle recompiler but it is not starting with that option it says it can't load the dps.rom or something.
Im verry sorry im from holland.
(06-02-2013, 10:49 PM)daanvandam Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it isn't a good sign when it immediately has a black screen when i choose my savegame?

Savestates aren't reliable, don't use them.

(06-02-2013, 11:00 PM)daanvandam Wrote: [ -> ]I checked the lle recompiler but it is not starting with that option it says it can't load the dps.rom or something.
Im verry sorry im from holland.

You're obviously still not using the latest build. Use the "latest development version" from the download link.
If you use latest builds you'll be able to use LLE (a free DSP is provided).
If you use older builds such as the one you're using here is what you'll have to do
(Oops, seems I've been ninja'd.)

Follow LordVador's advice and use a current development build, then. Those have a free (reverse-engineered) DSP ROM included. (You can preserve all your settings/saves by dragging the User folder from the old build into the new one, replacing the User folder that's already there.)

Or, even better, you can dump your own DSP ROM, which tends to have less issues and doesn't whine at you every time you start a game. You'll need a real Wii to do this. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-how...lle--23103

**Removed....
it is working so far but it's slow as fuk is this normal? i rather play the full 30fps. it was 30fps with DSP HLE
Yeah, it'll be slower with LLE. Not much you can do about that other than check that "LLE on Thread"/"DSP on Dedicated Thread" option under it (which has a chance of causing the original issue again) or overclock your CPU until it runs at full speed (this is the better option).
Pages: 1 2