Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running LotZ: Twilight Princess, with horrible speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Xoqia

Ello ello. Trying to run LotZ Twilight Princess with these specs.

Operating System
: Windows 7 x64

Processor/CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 2.3GHz

Video Card/GPU: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Memory/RAM: 4 GB

Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.5-1389

Looked at the properties of the game, the configuration of Dolphin, and the Graphics Settings.
As I have a very GENERAL idea of what these options do, I could still be considered quite lost.
So far, I play the game at around 45% Emulation Speed MAX. Tends to linger around 30-35%.

Also, after sniffing around the forums for a little bit, I've noticed various versions of Dolphin. I'm not sure where, but I think I saw someone mention a Dolphin Version of "3.5 - 3xxx." Searched around the download page and only found 3.5-1389 as the latest version, and its considered a Dev build.

My main question for you is, "What are the best options to have this game run smoother and faster?" I've noticed that the quickest speed made the Navigator/Minimap screwy, but as Zelda games go... I kinda need that. :L

Any ideas?
Your PC is too slow :
_CPU is too old , low clock speed - 2.3GHz is no where near enough to play this demanding game (which require i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz to run full speed all the time with LLE back end)
_Intel 4 Series Express is onboard graphic , it's not even a card but a chip built in your mobo . It's not built for gaming and it does not meet the Dolphin GPU requirement
Please read Dolphin requirement
You will need a new PC if you want to run Dolphin well

Xoqia

I see. I'll keep this in mind when I can get myself a new PC. Thanks for your help. =]
Well , if you buy PC from OEM manufacturer , you will get ripped off
Better build your own PC , it's so much cheaper...
I could build a 300-400$ PC that could run this games 75-80% speed (Hyrule Field) at 1080p and a 700-800$ PC that could run this game full speed