Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't have a higher FPS than 50 in the game.It was supposed to be 60 FPS and in game i'm getting only 35 fps. What can i do to increase and have more speed?
It was supposed to be 60fps? Wha? o.O

FPS ALL Depends on your PC rig. (Mostly Processor) So to increase speed you'd need either a new better processor or Overclock current one.

Also If it's PAL it won't go higher than 50 FPS.
(07-25-2009, 11:39 AM)XSFOX Wrote: [ -> ]Also If it's PAL it won't go higher than 50 FPS.

depends, if he has Eur 60Hz mode on or not.
(07-25-2009, 09:35 PM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 11:39 AM)XSFOX Wrote: [ -> ]Also If it's PAL it won't go higher than 50 FPS.

depends, if he has Eur 60Hz mode on or not.

Oh right, forgot. XD
Super Mario Galaxy is an extra slow game. I can get 30 FPS in the observatory, while Super mario Sunshine gives me 100 FPS in Delfino Plaza (with the watchdog patch)
(07-28-2009, 07:41 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Galaxy is an extra slow game. I can get 30 FPS in the observatory, while Super mario Sunshine gives me 100 FPS in Delfino Plaza (with the watchdog patch)

well not that slow. I get 40 in the observatory and 60 in most galaxies. It's quite playable, I already have 91 stars Big Grin and going for the 120, there are just some stars that are very hard to get, like Toy galaxy's purple coins.
the fps can be very unreliable especially when using watchdog but i think the devs will have that problem fixed in the newest release of dolphin
I'm currently playing SMG with SVN 3932 w/watchdog, with 20FPS max, I'm very happy....

My problem is I can't surf with the keyboard, when the penguin is testing my wiimote he tells me to align the wiimote, and then to make a left-twist, but I don't know how to do it with the keyboard. So I can't go on in that specific galaxy.

I've tried with pitch & roll set to 50 or 90 and the keyboard set in the device for pitch and roll. When the penguin tells me to do the left-twist I press the pitch left button on the keyboard, but Dolphin is not responding. I don't have a real wiimote (mine is broken).

Please can somebody test this ?
(08-05-2009, 07:10 AM)marcosmartin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently playing SMG with SVN 3932 w/watchdog, with 20FPS max, I'm very happy....

My problem is I can't surf with the keyboard, when the penguin is testing my wiimote he tells me to align the wiimote, and then to make a left-twist, but I don't know how to do it with the keyboard. So I can't go on in that specific galaxy.

I've tried with pitch & roll set to 50 or 90 and the keyboard set in the device for pitch and roll. When the penguin tells me to do the left-twist I press the pitch left button on the keyboard, but Dolphin is not responding. I don't have a real wiimote (mine is broken).

Please can somebody test this ?

http://rapidshare.com/files/262673504/Wi...iments.rar

Download this, unzip it and drop the files in (dolphin paste/user/config).

Open the emulator, open the game and when they ask the left-twist you press: ctrl + 3

I hope that helps