Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How disable V-Sync?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

How to turn off this option?

[Image: 2yv2vdd.jpg]

Off in graphics options do not respond to change.
Not react (not responding properly), in the sense that there is no screen flicker/tearing.

I want to reproduce it, but Dolphin refuses...

I think this would have an impact on the speed of emulation.

RGDS,
Miroslav
If it's not checked in Dolphin, and it's not setup in a per-game .ini config file, Dolphin won't try to enable VSync, period. Other software, such as your GPU or display drivers, may have VSync enabled. You'll need to check there to make sure. Depending on your display and the games you play, you might not notice any tearing. For example, I can play SSBM just fine without VSync, but it's quite noticeable when it's off in Xenoblade Chronicles.
Yes, I know about my GPU drivers (314.22).

In nVidia Control Panel:

[Image: 3442fyh.png]

It is possible that the problem is related to the version of drivers.
The version of the driver is unlikely to be the culprit in my opinion, although by all means, update to the latest or revert to older ones and see if it's the problem.

Are you able to get screen-tearing in other applications (games, video, etc)? Are there any other places you can configure your display? I know at least on Windows XP, you could right-click the desktop and fiddle around with some display settings, though I haven't used the newer versions of Windows much.
(06-02-2013, 08:09 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Are you able to get screen-tearing in other applications (games, video, etc)?

Yes. I'm confused because in other applications working properly.
It's possible that VSync might not even have an impact on performance. I can safely enable VSync in Dolphin on Tales of Symphonia, for example, but enabling it on SSBM chokes the framerate.

Also, I should have pointed this out earlier but (excuse the bold) you're using an outdated version of Dolphin from the old, unofficial site. 3.5-367 isn't the latest; 3.5-1389 is the latest at the time of this writing. You can get the latest revisions from this page. It's possible that the newer revisions will correctly respond to your VSync settings, so it's definitely something to try.
Yes, I tried the newer and older and the latest versions, all the same.

(06-02-2013, 11:56 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible that VSync might not even have an impact on performance.

Maybe.
nesrulz, why do you believe vsync is enabled?
(06-02-2013, 07:05 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]nesrulz, why do you believe vsync is enabled?

(06-01-2013, 10:17 PM)nesrulz Wrote: [ -> ]Not react (not responding properly), in the sense that there is no screen flicker/tearing.

I want to reproduce it, but Dolphin refuses...
So by not being screwed up, you think vsync must be on? Different programs work differently, and some things need vsync desperately while others never seem to need it at all. Dolphin, at least on my system, is pretty good at avoiding screen tearing in most games. There are a couple where it appears, but usually it's not bad at all. Honestly, I don't believe vsync is on at all. But I have no way to really prove it one way or the other. Just looking for tearing and not seeing it is a bad way to do it.
Pages: 1 2