Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No support for back openand size 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I softmodded my wii, my copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2(NTSC-J, legit) stopped working, and neogamma doesn't work since if conflicts with my modchip.

So I dumped the game and give dolphin a try, I got the error mentioned above. I redumped the game thrice, same result.

There's a small dent near the edge of my disc, but I doubt it's enough to make the game stop working completely.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I tried to dump other games with my wii and they worked, so I am 100% sure it's not the modchip causing the problem
I have seen that error pop up when the dumps come out bad. I know you said it plays, but can you verify the hash somewhere?

From an old post by Shonumi:
Check the MD5 hash of the game. Use a tool to generate the MD5 hash of your ISO (just google around for one) then compare this with online databases like GameTDB or Redump.org (make sure the region is the same when checking). If the hashes don't match up, that means some data on your ISO is corrupted, and you'll have to redump your game until the hashes match..
(05-31-2013, 11:01 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen that error pop up when the dumps come out bad. I know you said it plays, but can you verify the hash somewhere?

From an old post by Shonumi:
Check the MD5 hash of the game. Use a tool to generate the MD5 hash of your ISO (just google around for one) then compare this with online databases like GameTDB or Redump.org (make sure the region is the same when checking). If the hashes don't match up, that means some data on your ISO is corrupted, and you'll have to redump your game until the hashes match..
I can't find the MD5 sum for the NTSC-J version of SMG2, but here you go "B628F50789F2D79E1CE04B7D3CAA90FA"

I wonder if the errors were caused by the small dent that I mentioned(I dented it by accidently drop it onto the ground, but it worked until I softmodded my wii)? If yes, are there any software that might fix my problem?

I can't take a good picture of my disc as it's too reflective, but it looks something like this
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2463/35959...f590_z.jpg
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/SB4J01

Matches. Tip for the future: you can put the hash into Google and get the answer instantly. Hashes are so specific Google can find them very easily.
(05-31-2013, 11:34 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/SB4J01

Matches. Tip for the future: you can put the hash into Google and get the answer instantly. Hashes are so specific Google can find them very easily.
Then why it doesn't work properly in dolphin?
Just to confirm you are using 3.5 official correct? Also what are your settings?

Also make sure your DirectX is up to date. I did some googling and a few ppl fixed that message with a DirectX update.
Do you get the error message when you launch the game (with black screen) or farther in the game?
(06-01-2013, 12:09 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get the error message when you launch the game (with black screen) or farther in the game?
I got the error when I launch the game, the error pops up before I can even see the wiimote strap warning
(06-01-2013, 12:04 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm you are using 3.5 official correct? Also what are your settings?

Also make sure your DirectX is up to date. I did some googling and a few ppl fixed that message with a DirectX update.
I am using 3.5 offical, DirextX is up-to-date. I am using the default settings

UPDATE: I changed the "System Language" option to "Japanese" and the game worked! I learned that the system menu language settings MUST match the game region or the game will not work. I've added this info to the wiki page

Just a pic to show it's working:
[Image: sb4j012.png]