Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: update guide please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If somebody can update to guide would be very useful to all the beginners
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/Windows_Build
If you were an actual developer (or even a guy-who-fucks-around-with-computers like me), the guide would be perfectly fine. "Beginners" shouldn't really have any need to compile their own builds of Dolphin.
(05-31-2013, 10:56 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]If you were an actual developer (or even a guy-who-fucks-around-with-computers like me), the guide would be perfectly fine. "Beginners" shouldn't really have any need to compile their own builds of Dolphin.
i am a guy who fucks around with computers too for your business and i am wanting to build a debugfast build but it has been so much trouble building it i have had to update a ton of junk since using that guide to still get this is missing and that is missing when building. the guide should be able to get you compiling a succesful build not one with a ton of errors where build fails. i checkedd several times i followed the guide ecactly and boom build failed.
I've built dolphin several times strictly using the guide, I see no reason why it needs updating.
(05-31-2013, 11:28 AM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]i followed the guide ecactly and boom build failed.

Be more specific.
Last time I used the Windows guide I had issues too, actually, but it was because you need to follow it *more* exactly than you think you need to. I skipped step 7 because the file it referred to seemingly didn't exist, but it turns out it's a hidden file, and I didn't have that box checked in Windows Explorer's options. :P
(05-31-2013, 11:40 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I've built dolphin several times strictly using the guide, I see no reason why it needs updating.
have you done it any time recently because when i would say build solution i would get errors like some things would say no such file or directory even after reinstalls.
Well, if it gives you errors, why not paste the errors here for us to see?
(05-31-2013, 11:49 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if it gives you errors, why not paste the errors here for us to see?
ok i am going to retry a whole clean reinstallation and see if that works after everything related to Visual studio is uninstalled.
Or you could just paste the damn errors and I could tell you how to fix it. Seriously, it's not just saying "build failed, fuck you", it's telling you what's missing. Compilers are finicky, but they know what they want.
Pages: 1 2